Have you ever been curious about how many times you have listened to a particular song on Spotify? Whether it’s to satisfy your curiosity or to keep track of your favorite artists, knowing the number of times you have played a song can be useful. Unfortunately, Spotify does not provide an easy way to view this data. In this blog post, we will explore several methods that can help you find out how many times you have listened to a song on Spotify.
Why You Need to Know How Many Times You’ve Listened to A Song on Spotify
There are many reasons why you might want to know how many times you have played a song on Spotify. Some people just want to satisfy their curiosity and see what their most played songs are. It can also be useful if you want to keep track of your listening history or want to see how frequently you listen to a particular artist or song.
Knowing your listening habits can also help you create more personalized playlists or start discussions with other music lovers and aficionados.
Method 1: Using Spotify Desktop App
The first method to find out how many times you have listened to a song on Spotify is by using the desktop app. Here are the steps:
- Open the Spotify app on your computer and log in to your account.
- Click on the "Library" option in the left-hand menu.
- Click on the "Playlists" tab and then click on "Liked Songs."
- Find the song you’re interested in and right-click on it.
- Select "Add to Playlist" from the drop-down menu and create a new playlist.
- Drag and drop the song into the playlist and then click on the three dots at the top right corner of the playlist.
- Select "View in iTunes" or "View in Finder" depending on your operating system.
- Open the file in a text editor and scroll down to the "Play Count" section.
- The number you see next to "Play Count" is the number of times you have listened to the song.
- Provides accurate play count data
- Easy to follow steps
- Requires downloading and installing the desktop app on your computer
- Only provides data for the song in question
Method 2: Using Last.fm
Last.fm is a music data analytics platform that allows you to track your listening history across different platforms, including Spotify. Here are the steps:
- Sign up for a free account on Last.fm.
- Once you’re signed in, connect your Spotify account to Last.fm.
- Scrobble your plays on Spotify. This will automatically track your listening history on Last.fm.
- Go to your Last.fm profile and click on the "Library" tab.
- Find and click on the song you’re interested in.
- The number of times you have listened to the song will be displayed next to the play button.
- Easy to use and set up
- Tracks your listening history across multiple platforms
- May not be accurate if you don’t scrobble all your plays
- Requires creating an account on another platform
Method 3: Using SongStats
SongStats is a third-party app that allows Spotify users to track their listening habits. Here are the steps:
- Visit the SongStats website and sign up for a free account.
- Connect your Spotify account to the app.
- Wait for SongStats to sync your data.
- Find the song you’re interested in and click on it.
- The number of times you have listened to the song will be displayed.
- Provides detailed listening data
- Allows you to track multiple songs and artists
- Requires creating an account on another platform
- May not be accurate if you don’t use the app consistently
What to Do If You Can’t Find Your Play Count
If you cannot find your play count using the methods we outlined above, there are a few things you can try:
- Try searching for the song on different platforms or streaming services. It’s possible that you listened to the song on a different platform and forgot about it.
- Check if the song is available on your local music library. If you downloaded the song to your computer and added it to your iTunes library, you should be able to find your play count there.
- Consider creating a new playlist and manually adding the song to it. Then, keep track of how many times you listen to the song going forward.
Bonus Tip: Use Third-Party Apps to Explore Your Listening Habits
If you’re interested in tracking your listening habits beyond just one song, there are several third-party apps and platforms that can help:
- Last.fm: As mentioned above, Last.fm is a music analytics platform that allows you to track your listening habits across multiple platforms.
- SongStats: In addition to providing play count data, SongStats also offers insights into your listening habits, such as which songs you play the most and how long you listen to music each day.
- Spotify Wrapped: This is a feature that is released by Spotify every year that gives users insight into their listening habits over the past 12 months.
5 FAQs About Knowing How Many Times You’ve Listened to A Song on Spotify
Q: Can I find my play count for all the songs I’ve listened to on Spotify?
A: Unfortunately, Spotify does not provide an easy way to view your play count for all the songs you’ve listened to. You can only find the play count for individual songs using the methods we outlined above.
Q: Do I need to have a premium Spotify account to find my play count?
A: No, you can find your play count using the desktop app or by connecting your Spotify account to a third-party app, even if you have a free account.
Q: What if I delete a song from my library and then re-add it later? Will the play count reset?
A: Yes, if you delete a song from your library and then re-add it later, the play count will reset.
Q: How often does Last.fm update my listening history?
A: Last.fm updates your listening history in real-time, so you should see your most recent plays within a few minutes of listening to a song.
Q: Are there any other third-party apps or platforms that can help me track my listening habits?
A: Yes, there are several other apps and platforms that can help you track your listening habits, such as Tidal, Apple Music, and Deezer.
While Spotify does not make it easy to view your play count for all the songs you’ve listened to, there are several methods and third-party apps that can help you track your listening history and habits. Whether you’re just curious or want to dive deep into your favorite artists and songs, knowing your play count can be useful and fun. Hopefully, our guide has helped you find the information you’re looking for!