If you love creating and sharing playlists on Spotify, you may find it difficult to distinguish one playlist from another. Fortunately, Spotify allows users to customize their playlists by adding covers to make them more recognizable. Playlist covers are a visual representation of the playlist’s theme. A well-designed cover can attract more listeners to your playlist, and it can also give it a unique identity. This article will show you how to add a playlist cover on Spotify.
Add your favorite tracks to your new Spotify playlist and customize it using the tips below:
- Create your playlist’s cover image on an image editor like Canva, Adobe Photoshop, or Adobe Spark.
- Save your custom image and make sure it is in the .JPEG, .PNG or .GIF format.
- Make sure that the image is of good quality and has a resolution of at least 640 x 640 pixels.
- Spotify account
What Requires Your Focus?
To add a playlist cover to Spotify, you would need to focus on the following:
- Design your playlist cover according to the theme of your list.
- Choose the right image format and resolution.
- Upload the cover to your playlist on Spotify.
- Edit the image to fit perfectly on your playlist.
- Make sure that your new playlist cover reflects your personality.
Different Methods to Add A Playlist Cover on Spotify
Method 1: Using Desktop Spotify App
Follow the below steps to add a playlist cover on desktop Spotify app:
- Open your Spotify app on your desktop and log in to your account.
- Open the playlist you want to add a cover to by clicking on it.
- Click on the three horizontal dots icon on the playlist’s top right corner, then click on “Edit Playlist”. Alternatively, you can hover over your playlist and click on the image that shows up. This will take you to the Edit view.
- Click on “Upload Image,” Then select the image you have prepared.
- You can adjust the image by zooming in or out. Ensure the selected area looks good on your playlist cover.
- Click on “Save” and then refresh the page to see your new playlist cover.
- The desktop app provides a larger interface for editing your cover image with ease and precision.
- Editing of the image is much more comfortable on the desktop than on mobile devices.
- You can adjust the photo using advanced tools in photo editing software.
- You need a desktop to use this method.
Method 2: Using Mobile App on Android and iOS
Here are the steps to add a playlist cover on the Spotify app on your mobile phone:
- Log in to your Spotify account on your mobile phone.
- Open the playlist and then tap on the three dots icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Edit Playlist” on the Edit Covers page, then tap on the existing playlist cover.
- Choose “Replace,” and then select the picture you want to use by clicking the “Choose Photo” button.
- Make a preview of the image visible on your playlist cover and then tap “Done.”
- You can add a playlist cover with just a few taps on your mobile phone.
- You can preview the image before adding it as your new playlist cover.
- You must use your mobile’s camera or gallery for the image upload.
- The method has an increased possibility for background noise.
Method 3: Using The Spotify Web Player
Here are the steps to add a playlist cover using the Spotify web player on desktop or laptop:
- Log on to the Spotify web player and then access your account.
- Head to “Your Library,” and then click on “Playlists.”
- Click on the playlist you wish to customize.
- Ensure the rectangle is highlighted before pressing ctrl + B on the keyboard to upload the playlist image.
- Choose a new picture or drag in your prepared cover image.
- A chance is given to edit the picture for resizing, zooming or panning.
- Click on “Save” to add the selected image as the new playlist cover. Refresh the page to see the newly added cover.
- The web player can be used on any device with access to the internet.
- The images can be refined to perfection on any photo editing software.
- You Need a good network for the upload process as it requires stable connectivity.
Why Can’t I Add A Playlist Cover on Spotify?
Here are some reasons why you may not be able to add a playlist cover on Spotify:
- You do not have the required permissions.
- You have an unstable internet connection.
- Your Spotify app is outdated.
- You do not have an active Spotify account or subscription.
To fix these issues, ensure that you have a good network connection and have paid for a Spotify premium subscription. Also, ensure you are operating the latest version of Spotify on all your devices to experience seamless performance.
Implications and Recommendations
Adding a cover image to your Spotify playlist not only customizes it but also helps you identify the playlist easily. A well-designed cover can also attract more followers to your music collection. Always consider the image’s color, resolution, and size and design a cover that speaks to your playlist’s theme.
5 FAQs about How to Add A Playlist Cover on Spotify
Q1: Do I need to subscribe to Spotify to add a playlist cover?
A: Yes, to access the features of Spotify, you need to have an active Spotify subscription.
Q2: What can cause an error during playlist cover upload?
A: If you’ve just subscribed to Spotify and try uploading a picture immediately, you may experience an error. You must wait for some time to allow Spotify servers to sync with your account.
Q3: Can I remove or change my playlist cover?
A: Yes, you can easily remove or change your playlist cover by following the steps in the guide above.
Q4: What type of photo can I use for my playlist cover?
A: To use a photo as your playlist cover, ensure it is of good quality and in either JPEG, PNG, or GIF format.
Q5: Can I edit the playlist cover after I’ve uploaded it?
A: Yes, you can. You can adjust the cover image by resizing, zooming, and panning to fit your playlists and themes.
Having a playlist cover is an excellent way of giving your collection a personal touch, attracting more followers, and presenting your playlist theme. By following this guide’s steps, you can quickly add a playlist cover on Spotify using any preferred method. Regardless of the method, ensure that the image is of good quality and that it speaks to the playlist’s theme. We hope that this guide has been helpful to you and happy creating playlists!