If you’re using the latest version of iOS, i.e., iOS 16, and want to allow Spotify to play in the background, you need to ensure that the app has the necessary permission. To do so, go to your iPhone’s Settings app and select "Spotify" from the list of installed apps. Then, enable the "Background App Refresh" option.
Additionally, you should also make sure that Spotify has permission to use your iPhone’s cellular or Wi-Fi data when you’re not actively using the app. To do this, again, go to the "Spotify" settings within the Settings app, and toggle on the "Wi-Fi" or "Cellular Data" option, depending on the type of connection you want it to use.
Once you’ve made these changes, you should be able to play music on Spotify, even when you’re not actively using the app or have your phone’s screen turned off.
Video Tutorial:How do I give Spotify permission to play in the background?
Why does my Spotify stop playing when I open another app iPhone?
If you’re experiencing Spotify stopping or pausing when you open other apps on your iPhone, it could be due to the settings and features of your device.
To fix this issue, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Check if there are any pending app or system updates, especially for Spotify and iOS 16.
2. Make sure that "Background App Refresh" is enabled for Spotify from the iPhone settings menu.
3. Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Background App Refresh" and toggle on the switch for Spotify.
4. You can also try force-resetting Spotify by double-tapping the home button on your iPhone and swiping up to close the Spotify app. Then, relaunch it and check if the issue persists.
5. Check if there are any battery-saving modes enabled on your iPhone that could be limiting Spotify’s background activity.
By following the above steps, you can ensure that Spotify continues playing uninterrupted even when you’re using other apps on your iPhone.
How do I keep music playing on my iPhone while using other Apps?
To keep music playing on your iPhone while using other apps, you can use the built-in music player app, or a third-party app that has background audio playback functionality.
For the built-in music player app, start playing your music and then switch to another app. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access the Control Center, where you can easily pause, skip, or adjust the volume of the music without having to switch back to the music player app.
If you prefer a third-party app, you can look for one that supports background audio playback. This means that the app will continue playing audio even if you switch to another app. To enable this feature, go to Settings -> General -> Background App Refresh, and make sure that the app is set to allow background app refresh.
Overall, it’s important to keep in mind that some apps may stop music playback to play their own audio, such as videos or phone calls. But with the right app and settings, you can easily keep your music playing while you use other apps on your iPhone.
Why won’t Spotify play when I open another app?
If Spotify stops playing when you switch to another app, it could be due to the multitasking settings on your device. Many devices are set to prioritize the app in the foreground, which means that other apps may be forced to pause or stop altogether in order to conserve battery and processing power.
To fix this issue on most devices, you can adjust the multitasking or background app refresh settings in your device’s settings menu. For example, on an iPhone running iOS 16, you can go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh, and toggle the switch for Spotify to the "on" position. Additionally, you can try closing any other apps that are running in the background, or disabling any features that may be using a lot of system resources.
Meanwhile, to ensure that Spotify does not stop playing when you open another app, you can try using Spotify’s "Audio Focus" or "Audio Ducking" settings. These settings can help ensure that your music continues playing even when you switch to another app or receive a phone call. To adjust these settings in Spotify, go to Settings > Playback > Crossfade/Audio Focus.
How do I get Spotify to play over other Apps on my iPhone?
To get Spotify to play over other apps on your iPhone, you can follow these steps:
1. Make sure that your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS. To check if there are any updates available, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
2. Open the Spotify app and start playing your music.
3. Press the Home button on your iPhone to exit the Spotify app and go to the home screen.
4. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center.
5. In the Control Center, you will see a music widget showing the song and artist that is currently playing.
6. Tap on the widget to expand it.
7. In the expanded widget, you will see a play button, skip buttons, and a volume slider.
8. You can control your music playback and volume from the Control Center, no matter what app you are using.
Note: Some apps may not allow music playback while they are open or may limit the volume of the music. In such cases, you may need to close those apps or adjust their settings to allow music playback.
How can I play Spotify on my iPhone while playing a game?
Playing Spotify on your iPhone while playing a game is possible with just a few simple steps.
First, start playing the game on your iPhone. Then, open the Spotify app and select the music you want to listen to.
Next, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access the Control Center. From there, tap on the music player controls to expand it.
Finally, select the music that you want to play from Spotify and hit the play button. The music will start playing in the background while you continue to play your game. You can also adjust the volume of the music by using the volume controls in the Control Center.
It’s important to note that some games may automatically pause any music playing when the game is launched. In such cases, you may need to restart the music playback after launching the game.