Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming services which provides access to millions of songs and podcasts from all over the world. A Fitbit Versa 2 is one of the most fascinating wearable gadgets available in the market. It gives you the answers to fitness, health, and music on the go. You can stream your favorite music or podcasts using the Clock face or the Music app on Fitbit Versa 2. However, there are instances where you might face issues, and the music won’t play or connect to your Versa 2. If you are a music freak and cannot function without your daily dosage of music, then this blog is for you. Let’s dive into the methods to connect Spotify to Versa 2.
Why You Need to Connect Spotify to Versa 2
If you are a fitness freak who loves to multitask, then the Fitbit Versa 2 is an ideal gadget. It keeps you updated with your fitness stats while providing the convenience of streaming music without carrying your phone around. By connecting Spotify to Versa 2, you can carry your favorite tracks and playlists right on your wrist. You don’t have to switch back to your phone to change your playlist if you don’t feel like running or drop your smartphone while exercising. Syncing Spotify with Versa 2 ensures that all your music, playlists, and podcasts that you love are at your fingertips during your workouts.
Method 1: Via Fitbit Mobile App
To connect Spotify to Versa 2, you need to use the Fitbit mobile app. Follow the steps mentioned below to connect Spotify using the Fitbit mobile app:
1. Open the Fitbit mobile app on your smartphone and click on your Versa 2 device icon at the top left corner.
2. Tap on the "Apps" tab, which appears on the main menu.
3. Scroll and click on the "Spotify" app from the list of apps available on the screen.
4. Tap on the "Install" button to install the Spotify app for Fitbit Versa 2.
5. Once installed, tap on the "Account" option on the Spotify app screen. You will be redirected to the Spotify login page.
6. Enter your Spotify account credentials and log in to your account.
7. Once logged in, give the necessary authorization for the Spotify app to access your Fitbit Versa 2 and playlists.
8. Spotify will require around five minutes to sync with Fitbit Versa 2. Once the syncing process completes, your playlists, and Recently played tracks on Spotify will appear in the "Music" app on Versa 2.
– You can access all your Spotify playlists and tracks on Versa 2, and it eliminates the need to carry your smartphone.
– You can control your music playback using your Versa 2, irrespective of the device connected, whether headphones or speakers.
– This method requires no additional downloads or credentials other than the Fitbit mobile app.
– Sometimes users face syncing issues while connecting Spotify via Fitbit mobile app.
– You must have a Spotify premium account to sync Spotify to Versa 2.
Method 2: Following Manual Steps
You can connect Spotify to Versa 2 manually by Spotify Connect. You must have a Spotify premium account to connect Spotify to Versa 2. Follow the steps mentioned below to connect Spotify manually to Versa 2.
1. First, switch on your Versa 2, and swipe to open the "Settings" menu.
2. Now, navigate and select the "Bluetooth" option and enable the Bluetooth connection on your Versa 2.
3. Next, open the Spotify app on your smartphone.
4. Tap on the "Devices Available" icon on the bottom right corner of the Spotify app screen.
5. Now, select your Versa 2 from the list of available devices.
6. Your Spotify app should now prompt you to connect to Versa 2 by pairing your Versa 2 with your smartphone and Bluetooth connection.
7. Once the pairing is successful, a green message prompt will appear on the Spotify app screen.
8. Finally, open the "Music" app on your Versa 2 and select "Connect to a Device" on the Settings menu. Select your device to start playing music.
– This method allows you to connect devices other than Versa 2, mainly any Bluetooth enabled audio systems.
– It also enables you to access Spotify’s equalizer settings on Versa 2.
– The manual process of connecting Spotify to Versa 2 is a bit cumbersome as compared to other methods.
– The battery life of Versa 2 will reduce if you connect it for longer periods with another BT enabled device.
Method 3: Syncing with a Desktop Machine
If you don’t prefer to use a mobile app, you can use a desktop machine to sync your Spotify playlist to Versa 2. Follow the steps below to sync your Spotify playlist from a desktop machine:
1. Connect Versa 2 to your desktop machine using the charging dock cable.
2. Open the Fitbit Connect app on your desktop machine.
3. Select your Versa 2 device from the list of available devices.
4. On the Fitbit device dashboard, click on the "Music" tab, followed by the "Transfer Music" option.
5. Select the Spotify playlists or tracks you want to sync to your Versa 2 device.
6. Click on the "Transfer" button to complete the syncing process.
– This method is ideal for people who don’t want to use their smartphones.
– You can transfer any music from your local machine or online streaming services like iTunes.
– Unlike the Fitbit mobile app, this method can be complicated for a new user.
– The desktop machine must have Internet connectivity to access online streaming services.
What to Do If You Can’t Connect Spotify to Versa 2
If you encounter issues while connecting Spotify to Versa 2, try the following fixes:
– Check if your Versa 2 is up-to-date with the latest firmware updates.
– Restart your Versa 2 and try to connect with Spotify again.
– Check and ensure that your Spotify subscription is updated and valid.
– Make sure you connect your Versa 2 to a strong and stable internet connection to sync with Spotify.
If you encounter issues while syncing Spotify to Versa 2 and none of the fixes work, try removing and reinstalling the Spotify app from your Fitbit Mobile app. This can help solve some sync issues, and your Spotify playlists will be available in the Music app on Versa 2.
Q1: Is a premium Spotify account necessary to sync with Versa 2?
A: Yes, you need to have an updated and valid Spotify premium account to connect Spotify to Fitbit Versa 2.
Q2: Does the Fitbit Mobile App support all versions of smartphones?
A: The Fitbit Mobile app is compatible with almost all smartphone versions. However, the app may function differently on various IOS or Android versions.
Q3: Does the desktop machine require an active Internet connection to sync Spotify playlists?
A: Yes, an active and stable internet connection is necessary while syncing music from online streaming services.
Q4: Can I use a smartwatch other than Fitbit Versa 2 to stream my Spotify playlists?
A: Yes, you can sync your Spotify playlists with most smartwatches. However, the steps may vary, and the settings menu would differ from Fitbit Versa 2.
Q5: Is it possible to sync a single track from Spotify to Versa 2?
A: Yes, you can sync a single track or playlist from Spotify to Versa 2, as per your preference.
Connecting Spotify to Fitbit Versa 2 can be a bit challenging, but once you get the hang of it, syncing becomes more comfortable. Syncing your Spotify playlist with Versa 2 will provide a more convenient way to stream and control music playback while working out or commuting. You can choose any method which suits your convenience best, and start syncing your Spotify playlist with Versa 2. By trying out the fixes and tips mentioned, you can improve your experience and take full advantage of streaming your favorite playlists and tracks on your Versa 2.