Music always has been an inseparable part of human life. With the advent of technology, the way people listen and enjoy music has changed a lot. Spotify is one such app that has revolutionized the way people listen and experience music. It is great that we no longer need to download songs as Spotify has replaced them. Despite its popularity, there are still certain features that users remain unfamiliar with. One of such features is how to control Spotify from lock screen Android. This blog will discuss the methods through which users can easily control Spotify from the Android lock screen.
Why You Need to Control Spotify from Lock Screen Android
Spotify provides non-stop music streaming and many features such as creating playlists, and discovering new music. However, sometimes you may not want to open the Spotify app every time you want to change a song while working, exercising, or even when the phone is locked. As listening to music from Spotify is most common while driving, you wouldn’t want to compromise your security by unlocking your phone every time you want to change the song. That’s why learning how to control Spotify from lock screen Android is so important.
Method 1: Using Smart Lock Screen
As the phone is locked, you might think it impossible to control Spotify, but there is a simple solution. You can use the smart lock screen feature that comes with different Android devices. There are a few steps you can follow to activate this feature or ensure that it is already on.
1. First, go to settings and look for security, then Smart Lock.
2. To activate the feature, you must enter your PIN, Password, or Pattern to confirm your access.
3. You can select any of the three smart lock features (On-body detection, Trusted Places, or Trusted Voice).
4. Choose your desired option that suits your needs.
5. Go to the locked screen and swipe left.
– Saves time: saves the user time by not requiring the unlocking of the phone.
– Safe: This feature saves the user from unlocking their phone every time they want to change the song.
– Using this feature on public transport or crowded places can expose your privacy to others.
Method 2: Using Widgets
Widget provides instant access to applications without opening the app itself, and the feature works even when the phone is locked. Android has various widgets to control the Spotify app, but the steps to activate them may differ. However, the method to add widgets is the same for each device.
1. Press and hold an empty space in the home screen.
2. Click the “Widgets” option on the menu.
3. Search for “Spotify” widgets.
4. Choose the size of the widget to match your phone screen size.
5. Click, Hold, and Drag it to the desired location.
– Easy to find your playlist: You can access your playlist through widgets without unlocking your phone.
– Instant access: It provides instant access to Spotify in the phone’s locked screen.
– Limited options of sizes and widgets that can be used.
– Sometimes, they are not reliable due to bugs.
Method 3: Using Voice Control
Voice assistant is an excellent and unique feature that is available on all smartphones. It is the most comfortable feature to use as it requires minimal touch. This method provides direct access to the Spotify app by merely using your voice.
1. Wake up your voice assistant (Google Assistant, Siri, or any other).
2. Say, “Hey Google, play next song on Spotify”.
Say” Hey Google, Pause song on Spotify”.
3. The command will be executed on the locked screen.
– Saves time: This method saves users time, as they do not need to use the phone’s touch feature.
– Comfortable: Users can use this method anywhere, with only voice commands.
– Limited in features: This method is limited to features such as skipping or stopping a song.
– Voice assistant gets activated by accident.
What to Do If You Can’t Control Spotify from Lock Screen Android?
If you cannot control Spotify from lock screen android, there are some common fixes that can be done.
– Check if your device is updated to the latest version.
– Enable the Spotify lock screen widget option.
– Clear the cache and data of Spotify, which could solve the issue.
– Restart the phone.
Bonus Tip: Use Voice Commands with Spotify Connect
Spotify Connect is a feature that allows users to play music from various devices that are connected to the same WiFi network. This feature allows users to control Spotify on other devices using voice commands without unlocking the phone. Before applying this feature, users must connect and pair all the devices they wish to control with Spotify.
1. Open the Spotify app on your phone.
2. Play a song on any device, (TV, speaker, or even gaming console) you would like to control.
3. After the song starts playing, press the mic icon on Google Assistant.
4. Say the command “Hey Google, play the song on the device you want to control.”
5. The song will start to play on the device.
– Saves Time: No need to access the device physically.
– Convenience: Can control all your devices at once.
– Not available for older devices.
– This feature can be a little tricky to set up.
Q1: Can all Android smartphones control Spotify from the lock screen?
A: No, only Android smartphones with OS versions above Android 5.0 can use this feature.
Q2: Can multiple widgets be added to the locked screen?
A: No, as with any widgets, only one widget can be added to the locked screen.
Q3: What to do when voice commands do not work?
A: Reinstall the Spotify App or add the app to the proper permission list.
Q4: Can voice commands be used for multiple songs?
A: Yes, the specified voice command can be used for multiple songs.
Q5: Can I only use voice commands outside the app on the lock screen?
A: No, you can use voice commands anytime, whether you are inside the app or even outside it.
Listening to music on Spotify is an addictive experience. By using these methods mentioned, you can easily control Spotify from your Android device even when your phone is locked. These methods provide more comfort and convenience to your music listening experience. Also, always remember to follow the given steps to solve issues that may come up while implementing the methods. With that, you can enjoy your playlist without any disturbances.