Spotify is a popular music streaming app that allows you to listen to millions of songs from various genres. It also provides you the option to follow your favorite artists, friends, families, etc. Moreover, it allows you to have access to their playlists. Following someone on Spotify is easy, but sometimes you may want to know who all you are following. In this blog post, we will discuss how to find who you are following on Spotify.
Why You Need to Find Who You Are Following on Spotify
There could be several reasons why someone may want to know who all they are following on Spotify. For instance,
- You may want to unfollow someone you no longer want to follow
- You want to have a fresh start on Spotify
- You want to clean up your followed playlist or artists list
Knowing who you are following on Spotify also gives you a better understanding of your interests and tastes in music. It makes it easier for you to curate your playlist and explore new music.
Method 1: Via Spotify Mobile App
Spotify Mobile App is available on both iOS and Android platforms. Here’s how to find out who you are following:
- Step 1: Open the Spotify Mobile App on your phone
- Step 2: Look for your profile icon located at the top left corner of the screen, and tap on it
- Step 3: From the dropdown menu, select the option ‘Following’
- Step 4: You can now see the list of all the artists, profiles, and playlists you are following
- Easy to access using your mobile phone
- Displays all the following profiles, playlists, and artists in one place
- If you are following a large number of people, scrolling through the list could be time-consuming
- If you have a poor internet connection, the list may take a while to load
Method 2: Via Spotify Web Player
Spotify also has a web version that you can access from any device, such as your laptop or desktop computer. Here is how to find out who you are following on Spotify via the web player:
- Step 1: Visit the Spotify website and log in to your account
- Step 2: Click on your username located at the top right corner of the screen and select ‘Account’ from the dropdown menu
- Step 3: Scroll down to the ‘FOLLOW’ section and click on ‘Following’
- Step 4: You can now see the list of profiles, artists, and playlists you are following
- You can access the web player from any device and browser
- It displays all the following profiles, playlists, and artists in one place
- It takes longer to load the web player than the mobile app
- If you are not logged in, you cannot access the web player
Method 3: Via Mac/PC App
Spotify also offers a desktop app for macOS and Windows. Here’s how to find who you’re following through the app:
- Step 1: Open the Spotify desktop app on your computer
- Step 2: Click on your profile icon located at the top right corner of the screen, and click on ‘Profile’
- Step 3: Click on ‘Following’ located under the profile name and image
- Step 4: You can now see the list of all artists, profiles, and playlists you are following
- It offers a bigger screen to view followed profiles, making it easier to scroll through your following list
- It’s easy to install and launch the Spotify desktop app
- You need to have a computer with a stable internet connection to access the Spotify desktop app
- You may face difficulties using the app if you’re not familiar with the interface
What to Do If You Can’t Find Who You Are Following on Spotify
There could be times when you may not find the list of profiles, artists, and playlists you are following on Spotify. If this happens, you can try the following fixes:
- Ensure that your device is connected to an internet network
- Log out and log back into your account on your device or browser
- Clear the cache cookies on your device or browser
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of the Spotify app or web player
Try exploring new music genres on Spotify. You will be amazed by the diversity it offers. You can easily look for new playlists, artists, and podcasts by browsing categories, tops, moods, and newly released songs.
Q1: Why can’t I see who someone else is following on Spotify?
A: Spotify respects your privacy and doesn’t share your listening history or followed profiles with other users. Therefore, you cannot see who someone else is following on Spotify.
Q2: Can I sort the list of profiles, artists, and playlists I am following?
A: Unfortunately, as of now, Spotify doesn’t have the option to sort the list of followed profiles, artists, and playlists. However, you can search for a specific profile, artist or playlist by typing in the search bar.
Q3: How do I unfollow someone on Spotify?
A: Here are the steps to unfollow someone on Spotify:
- Open the Spotify app on your device
- Find the profile, artist or playlist you want to unfollow
- Click on the three dots located next to the profile name, artist or playlist
- Select ‘Unfollow’ from the dropdown
Q4: Will people know if I unfollow them on Spotify?
A: No, people will not know if you unfollow them on Spotify. However, if they keep track of who follows them, they may notice when you unfollow.
Q5: Can I see who has followed me on Spotify?
A: Spotify doesn’t offer the option to see who has followed you on their platform.
Knowing who you are following on Spotify is crucial to maintaining a well-curated playlist and exploring new music genres. You can use any of the above methods to find out who you’re following. If you face any issues, you can try the fixes suggested in this blog post. Lastly, always keep updating and exploring new music genres to refresh your taste in music.