Spotify is a music streaming application that allows users to access millions of songs online. However, sometimes, the internet connection is not stable or not available. It’s a bummer when you have a playlist ready but can’t access it because of some externalities. In such cases, it’s handy to have the option to listen to local Spotify files. In this blog, we are going to explore different methods on how to get local Spotify files on your phone.
To save the local Spotify files on your phone, you will need a stable internet connection, a Spotify premium account, a phone, and a computer with the Spotify application installed.
What should I pay attention to?
Before streaming on Spotify, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, you need to ensure that your Spotify application is updated. To do so, go to your Spotify application’s settings and check for updates. Secondly, keep in mind that Spotify only allows a limited number of downloads that can be played offline. Finally, make sure you have enough storage on your phone to save the songs you want to listen to.
Method 1: Local Files
One way of getting local Spotify files on your phone is by using local files. This method requires a stable Wi-Fi connection and access to your computer.
1. Open your Spotify app on your computer.
2. Go to settings and select "Local Files."
3. Click on the "Add a Source" button.
4. Select the folder where your local music files are stored and click "OK."
5. Next, turn on the "Offline Mode" in the Spotify application.
6. Connect your phone and the computer using the same Wi-Fi network.
7. Open your Spotify application on your phone and go to your playlists.
8. Select the playlist you want to have on your phone, and click the "Download" slider to save it on your phone for offline access.
Method 2: Spotify to MP3 Converter
Another way of getting local Spotify files on your phone is by using Spotify to MP3 converters. This method involves third-party applications, so be cautious and download music legally.
1. Find a Spotify to MP3 converter online, download and install.
2. Open Spotify, find the songs you want to download as an MP3.
3. Copy the song’s URL to your clipboard.
4. Paste the URL into the converter and convert the files from Spotify to your computer as an MP3.
5. Transfer the MP3 files to your phone.
6. Next, open the "Files" app on your phone and select the "Music" folder.
7. Find the MP3 songs you transferred from your computer, and click on them to listen.
Method 3: Local Files through Wi-Fi
The following method is similar to method one but requires no USB cables, making it more convenient for some users.
1. Open the Spotify application on your computer and go to settings.
2. Select "Local Files."
3. Click on the "Add a Source" button and select the folder where your local music files are located.
4. Turn on your Wi-Fi and connect your phone to the same network.
5. Open the Spotify app on your phone, and the local files should be listed under "Local Files" on the "your library" menu.
6. Choose your preferred tracks or playlist and download them.
Why can’t I add downloaded songs to Spotify?
The Spotify application is only compatible with downloaded songs and playlists available in the application itself. Hence, you cannot add songs downloaded through other means such as email, Bluetooth, or other music apps to your Spotify library. However, converting songs to MP3 using authorized applications is a way around this limitation.
Before deciding which method works best for you, consider your data plan and the amount of storage available on your phone. Choose the method that best suits your preferences and needs. Ensure that you download music legally and use authorized applications to avoid malware interrupts.
Q1. Can you listen to Spotify offline?
A1. Yes, with a Spotify premium account, you can download songs and playlists for offline listening.
Q2. How do I add local music files to Spotify?
A2. Adding local files to Spotify is a straightforward process. Go to your Spotify application’s settings, click on "Local Files," and select the folder where your local music files are stored.
Q3. Can I download Spotify songs as MP3?
A3. Spotify does not provide direct download for its songs but there are Spotify to MP3 converters available online. However, note that downloading music through unauthorized channels can lead to malware infection.
Q4. How do I access my downloaded songs on Spotify?
A4. To access your downloaded songs on Spotify, go to your library, select playlists and click on the "Download" button.
Q5. What format does Spotify use for downloaded songs?
A5. Spotify downloads music in Ogg Vorbis format.
Local files provide you with the flexibility of choosing what you want to listen to and when you want to. No internet interruptions, lagging, or buffering. By using our methods, you can quickly and easily get local Spotify files on your phone. As mentioned earlier, it’s essential to keep in mind your data plan and storage capacity. Lastly, avoid downloading or transferring music illegally. We hope this guide has been helpful in assisting you to get local Spotify files on your phone.