Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms out there, and its Stories feature is a huge part of its success. People love to share their music through stories, but the problem is that Instagram doesn’t have a built-in feature for adding music from Spotify to your stories. However, there are several ways to do it, and we’ll show you how in this blog post.
We know how frustrating it can be to want to share your music on Instagram but being unable to do so. That’s why we’ve put together this comprehensive guide to help you get your Spotify music to play on your Instagram Story. Whether you’re an artist looking to promote your latest track or just someone who wants to share their favorite tunes with friends, we’ve got you covered.
Before we dive into the different methods for adding your Spotify music to your Instagram Story, let’s take a look at what you’ll need:
- An Instagram account
- A Spotify account
- A mobile device (iOS or Android)
- The latest versions of the Instagram and Spotify apps installed on your device
- A stable internet connection
What Requires Your Focus?
Adding your Spotify music to your Instagram Story requires a bit of effort, but it’s definitely worth it. You’ll need to focus on the following things:
- The method you choose to use for adding your Spotify music to Instagram
- The details and steps for each method, as they may differ slightly
- Ensuring that both your Instagram and Spotify apps are up to date
- Choosing the right music that will resonate with your audience
- Double-checking your story before publishing to ensure that everything looks and sounds good
Different Methods to Get Spotify Music to Play on Instagram Story
Now that you know what you’ll need and what to focus on, let’s dive into the different methods for adding your Spotify music to your Instagram Story. There are several ways to do it, so choose the one that works best for you:
Method 1: Via the Instagram Camera
This is the easiest and most straightforward way to add your Spotify music to your Instagram Story. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Instagram app and tap on the camera icon in the top left corner of your screen.
- Take a photo or video for your story by tapping the circle button at the bottom of your screen. Alternatively, you can swipe up to access your camera roll and choose a photo or video from there.
- Tap on the sticker icon at the top of your screen (it looks like a square smiley face).
- Scroll down until you find the "Music" sticker and tap on it.
- Search for the song you want to add from Spotify’s vast library of music.
- Select the part of the song you want to play in your story. You can choose up to 15 seconds of any track.
- You can also customize the look of your Music sticker by tapping on it. You can change the size, color, and style of the sticker to fit your story’s aesthetic.
- Once you’re happy with your story, tap the "Your Story" button to share it with your followers.
- Easy and straightforward to use.
- Allows you to customize the look of your Music sticker.
- Only allows you to select up to 15 seconds of a song.
- The Music sticker may not always show up in your sticker tray, depending on your location and device.
Method 2: Using a Third-Party App
If you want more control over the music you add to your Instagram Story, using a third-party app might be a better option for you. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install a third-party app that allows you to add music to your Instagram Story. Some popular options include Mojo, Unfold, and Canva.
- Open the app and choose the template or layout you want to use for your story.
- Tap on the music icon and search for the song you want to add from Spotify’s music library.
- Select the part of the song you want to play in your story.
- Customize the look of your story by adding text, stickers, and other design elements.
- When you’re done, save the story to your camera roll.
- Open the Instagram app and select the story option at the top of your screen.
- Swipe up to access your camera roll and choose the story you just created.
- Post the story to your Instagram Story.
- Offers more control over the music and design of your Story.
- Allows you to create unique and personalized stories.
- Requires you to use a third-party app, which may not be as secure as the official Instagram app.
- You’ll need to spend some time learning how to use the app.
Method 3: Recording Your Device’s Audio Output
If you want to use a song from Spotify that’s not available in Instagram’s music library, you can try recording your device’s audio output. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Spotify app and play the song you want to use in your Instagram Story.
- Open the Screen Recording feature on your mobile device. On iOS, you can do this by swiping up from the bottom of your screen and tapping on the Screen Recording icon (it looks like a circle with a dot in the center). On Android, you can use a third-party screen recorder app.
- Start recording your device’s audio output by turning on the "Record Audio" option in your screen recorder.
- Play the song on Spotify and wait for it to finish.
- Save the screen recording to your camera roll.
- Open the Instagram app and select the story option at the top of your screen.
- Swipe up to access your camera roll and choose the screen recording you just created.
- Trim the recording to fit your story, add any text or stickers, and post it to your Story.
- Allows you to use songs from Spotify that aren’t available in Instagram’s music library.
- Doesn’t require you to use a third-party app.
- May result in lower audio quality compared to other methods.
- It’s more time-consuming and requires you to play the entire song and record it.
Why Can’t I Add Spotify Music to My Instagram Story?
There are several reasons why you may not be able to add Spotify music to your Instagram Story. Here are three common issues and how to fix them:
- You haven’t linked your Spotify account to Instagram: To add your Spotify music to Instagram, you’ll need to link your Spotify account to your Instagram account. To do this, open the Spotify app on your mobile device and go to "Settings > Social > Connect to Instagram." Follow the prompts to link your account.
- Your Instagram app is not up to date: Make sure you have the latest version of the Instagram app installed on your mobile device. Check the App Store or Google Play Store for any available updates.
- Your location doesn’t support the Music sticker: The Music sticker may not be available in all locations. If you don’t see it in your sticker tray, try updating your Instagram app or using a VPN to change your location.
Implications and Recommendations
Now that you know how to add Spotify music to your Instagram Story, you can take your social media game to the next level. Adding music to your stories can help you engage with your followers and make your content more interesting and memorable. However, it’s important to choose the right music that fits your brand and message. Here are a few recommendations:
- Choose music that’s not only popular but also relevant to your brand and message.
- Make sure the music you choose is appropriate and doesn’t violate any copyright laws.
- Experiment with different methods and designs to find what works best for you and your audience.
- Don’t overdo it with the music – use it strategically to enhance your story, not overwhelm it.
- Engage with your followers by asking them to suggest songs or create their own story using your music.
5 FAQs about Adding Spotify Music to Instagram Stories
Q1: Can I add Spotify music to my Instagram Story using the web version of Instagram?
A: No, the Music sticker is only available in the Instagram app for iOS and Android devices.
Q2: Can I use a song that’s not available in Spotify’s music library?
A: It depends. If the song is not available on Spotify, you won’t be able to add it to your Instagram Story using the Music sticker. However, you can use the recording method we described earlier to add any song that’s playing on your device.
Q3: Can I add multiple songs to one Instagram Story?
A: Yes, you can add multiple music stickers to one Story. However, you’ll need to choose a different song for each sticker.
Q4: How long can my Instagram Story be with Spotify music added to it?
A: Your Instagram Story can be up to 15 seconds long with music added to it. If you want to add more music, you’ll need to create multiple stories.
Q5: Does Instagram notify the artist or label when I add their music to my Story?
A: Yes, Instagram uses music recognition technology to detect when copyrighted music is used in a Story. If the rights holder has opted in to Instagram’s music rights management program, they may receive a notification and be able to claim any revenue generated from the use of their music.
Instagram Stories are a great way to share your music with your followers, and adding Spotify music to your stories can take your content to the next level. Whether you choose to use the Music sticker, a third-party app, or the recording method, we hope this guide has helped you add your favorite tracks to your Instagram Story. Remember to choose the right music that fits your brand and message, engage with your followers, and have fun!