Spotify offers a convenient way to access and control music on your Android device, even when your device is locked. Here’s how you can get Spotify on your Android lock screen:
1. Make sure you have the latest version of the Spotify app installed on your Android device. You can download it from the Google Play Store if needed.
2. Open the Spotify app and sign in to your account.
3. Tap on the "Settings" icon, usually represented by a gear or three vertical dots, located at the top right corner of the screen.
4. In the settings menu, scroll down and tap on "Playback".
5. Within the "Playback" menu, you should see an option called "Show media playback controls". Enable this option by toggling the switch to the on position.
6. Now, return to the home screen or lock screen of your Android device. You should see the Spotify playback controls appear on the lock screen or notification shade.
7. To control your Spotify playback, simply tap on the playback controls and you’ll be able to play, pause, skip tracks, and adjust the volume without unlocking your phone.
It’s worth noting that the ability to show Spotify on the Android lock screen may vary depending on the version of Android you have installed and the specific device you’re using. Moreover, make sure you have allowed Spotify to show notifications on your lock screen in your Android device settings.
Video Tutorial:How do I put Spotify on my lock screen?
How do I get Spotify to show up on my lock screen iPhone?
To get Spotify to show up on your lock screen on an iPhone, you can follow these steps:
1. Make sure you have the latest version of Spotify and iOS installed on your iPhone. At the time of my writing in 2023, the latest iOS version is iOS 16.
2. Open the Settings app on your iPhone and scroll down to find "Face ID & Passcode" or "Touch ID & Passcode," depending on the model and iOS version you have. Enter your passcode to proceed.
3. Scroll down the page and look for the "Allow Access When Locked" section. Ensure that the "Today View" feature is enabled by checking the toggle next to it. This allows Spotify to show up on your lock screen.
4. Go back to the home screen and open the Spotify app. Start playing a song or podcast episode.
5. Once the media is playing, lock your iPhone by pressing the power button once. You should now see Spotify controls on your lock screen, allowing you to easily pause, play, and skip tracks without unlocking your device.
By enabling the Today View feature and having Spotify actively playing audio while locked, you should be able to see and control Spotify from your lock screen. Remember to check your specific iOS version and settings if you encounter any differences.
Can I add Spotify to my lock screen?
Yes, you can add Spotify to your lock screen, provided that your smartphone’s operating system and version support this feature. However, the process may vary depending on the operating system you are using on your device.
For iOS users (e.g., iPhone 14 running iOS 16), you can add Spotify to your lock screen by enabling the "Now Playing" widget. To do this, swipe right on the lock screen or home screen to access the Today View. Scroll to the bottom, tap on "Edit," and locate the Spotify option. Tap the "+" button next to Spotify to add it to the list of widgets. Ensure that Spotify is positioned higher up in the list to prioritize its appearance on the lock screen.
For Android users, the ability to add app shortcuts or widgets to the lock screen might depend on the specific version of Android and any customized interfaces provided by your device’s manufacturer. To check if your Android device supports this feature, go to the lock screen settings or display settings on your device and look for options related to lock screen shortcuts or app shortcuts. If available, you should be able to add Spotify to your lock screen by selecting it from the list of available apps or widgets.
It’s worth noting that the exact steps may vary between different Android devices or versions of iOS, so it’s recommended to consult your device’s user manual or online resources specific to your device and operating system version for more accurate instructions on how to add Spotify to your lock screen.
How do I allow Spotify to show on my lock screen?
To allow Spotify to show on your lock screen, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone running iOS 16.
2. Scroll down and tap on "Face ID & Passcode" or "Touch ID & Passcode" depending on your device.
3. Authenticate with your passcode, Face ID, or Touch ID.
4. Scroll down to the section titled "Allow Access When Locked."
5. Ensure that the toggle switch next to "Today View" is enabled. This allows Spotify and other apps to display information on your lock screen.
6. Exit the Settings app and open the Spotify app on your device.
7. Start playing music or a podcast within Spotify.
8. Lock your iPhone and you should see a widget for Spotify on your lock screen.
By enabling the "Today View" access when locked, Spotify will be able to display information such as the currently playing track or controls on your lock screen alongside other widgets. This makes it convenient to control your music playback without having to unlock your device.
How do I get Spotify on my Android home screen?
To get Spotify on your Android home screen, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
2. Search for "Spotify" in the search bar at the top of the screen.
3. Once you find the official Spotify app, tap on it to open its Play Store page.
4. On the app’s page, you will see an "Install" button. Tap on it to download and install the app on your device.
5. After the installation is complete, you can exit the Play Store and go back to your home screen.
6. Now, swipe through your apps to find the Spotify icon.
7. Once you locate the Spotify icon, press and hold it.
8. A menu will appear with various options. Look for the "Add to Home Screen" or "Add shortcut" option.
9. Tap on this option to add a shortcut for Spotify to your home screen.
10. You should now see the Spotify icon on your home screen, allowing you to easily access the app with a single tap.
Remember to ensure that your device is running a compatible version of Android and that you have enough storage space available for the app.
How do I get Spotify back on my lock screen Android?
To get Spotify back on your lock screen on an Android device, follow these steps:
1. Open the Spotify app on your Android device.
2. Tap on the gear icon at the top right corner of the screen to access the Settings menu.
3. In the Settings menu, scroll down and tap on "Playback."
4. Under the "Playback" settings, you’ll find "Lock screen controls" or a similar option. Tap on it.
5. Make sure the toggle switch next to "Show on lock screen" or a similar option is turned on.
6. Exit the Spotify app and lock your Android device.
7. When you wake up the device, you should see the Spotify playback controls on the lock screen, allowing you to easily control your music without unlocking the device.
Please note that the steps may slightly vary depending on the version of the Spotify app and your Android device’s operating system. If you can’t find the exact options mentioned above, explore the Settings menu in the Spotify app, focusing on the "Playback" or "Lock screen" sections to adjust the necessary settings accordingly for lock screen controls.
Can I add a Spotify widget to my lock screen?
Yes, you can add a Spotify widget to your lock screen on the latest iPhone models, including the iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Plus, running iOS 16 or later. Widgets are a convenient way to access information or perform actions without unlocking your device.
To add the Spotify widget to your lock screen, follow these steps:
1. Unlock your iPhone and go to the home screen.
2. Swipe left to access the Today View or swipe right if you’re already on the Today View.
3. Scroll to the bottom and tap on the "Edit" button.
4. Here, you’ll see a list of available widgets. Look for the Spotify widget, which might be alphabetically listed or under the suggested widgets section.
5. Tap the green "+" icon next to the Spotify widget to add it to your lock screen.
6. You can rearrange the position of the widget by tapping and holding on the three horizontal lines next to its name and dragging it to your preferred location.
7. Once you’re done, tap "Done" in the top right corner.
8. Lock your iPhone and wake the screen. You should now see the Spotify widget on your lock screen.
Now, you can easily control your Spotify playback, access your recently played or top songs, and perform other Spotify actions directly from your lock screen.
It’s worth mentioning that widget availability and features can vary depending on app updates and iOS versions, so it’s always a good idea to keep your iPhone and Spotify app updated to enjoy the latest features and functionality.