Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming services on the market, but recently users have been experiencing an annoying bug with the app. When listening to a playlist or album, Spotify interrupts the flow with suggested songs that are not in line with the user’s preferences. This can be a frustrating experience, but fear not, there are several solutions to get Spotify to stop playing suggested songs.
Things You Should Prepare for?
Before we jump into the different methods to tackle this issue, it is important to make sure you have the latest version of Spotify installed on your device. Additionally, ensure that your Spotify account settings are properly configured to match your personal preferences. Lastly, it is recommended to log out and log back into your account to refresh the settings.
Method 1: Disable Auto-Play
One solution to stop Spotify from playing suggested songs is to disable the Auto-Play feature. This feature automatically plays similar songs when you have reached the end of your playlist or album. Follow the steps below:
1. Open Spotify and click on the gear icon in the top right corner.
2. Scroll down to the “Auto-Play” option and toggle the switch to the left to turn it off.
3. Restart Spotify and test it by playing a playlist or album to see if suggested songs still appear.
– Simple and easy to do.
– Only affects the playback of one playlist or album.
– Works across all devices.
– Auto-Play may be a desired feature for some users.
– Does not completely solve the issue as suggested songs may still appear in radio stations.
Method 2: Use Private Session Mode
Another solution is to use the Private Session mode to prevent Spotify from making recommendations based on your listening history. Follow the steps below:
1. Open Spotify and click on your profile icon in the top right corner.
2. Select “Private Session” from the drop-down menu.
3. Spotify will confirm that you are in Private Session mode.
4. Play your desired playlist or album and test if suggested songs still appear.
– Temporarily disables recommendations and suggested songs.
– Protects your listening history and privacy.
– Must be repeated each time you open Spotify.
– Does not stop the appearance of recommended songs in radio stations.
Method 3: Create a Playlist without Suggestions
Creating a playlist specifically for albums or songs you want to hear without interruptions from suggested songs can be another solution. Follow the steps below:
1. Open Spotify and click on the “New Playlist” button on the bottom left.
2. Give your playlist a name and add the desired songs and albums.
3. Make sure to include songs or albums that are not available on suggested playlists.
4. Play your new playlist and enjoy uninterrupted listening.
– Personalizes your listening experience.
– No more unwanted suggested songs from Spotify.
– Requires additional time and effort to create a playlist.
– Limited to listening to only the songs in the playlist.
Why Can’t I Get Spotify to Stop Playing Suggested Songs?
Suggested songs on Spotify can be caused by several reasons:
1. The Auto-Play feature is turned on in settings.
2. The song or album you are playing is not a part of a playlist and Auto-Play is enabled.
3. Spotify is recommending songs based on your listening history, saved tracks, or location settings.
To fix the issue, try the different methods outlined above or contact Spotify support for further assistance.
– Regularly update your Spotify account settings to make sure they are properly configured to match your preferences.
– Check the end of a playlist or album to confirm that Auto-Play is turned off.
– Remove saved songs or albums that are causing recommended song suggestions.
– Use the “Radio” feature sparingly if you do not want suggested songs.
Q: Can I turn off suggested songs for one playlist and keep them on for another?
A: Unfortunately, the Auto-Play feature is turned off for all playlists and albums across the app using the settings toggle.
Q: What is the difference between Radio and Auto-Play?
A: Radio is a feature that creates a playlist of similar songs based on a single track, whereas Auto-Play is a feature that continues playing similar songs after the end of a playlist or album.
Q: Can I completely remove suggested songs from all playlists?
A: It is not possible to remove suggested songs altogether, but you can use the different methods outlined above to minimize their appearance.
Q: Why are suggested songs showing up on my playlist?
A: Suggested songs may show up on your playlist if the Auto-Play feature is turned on, or if the playlist ends and a similar song is selected as a result of your listening history.
Q: Will using Private Session affect my music recommendations?
A: No, using Private Session mode only temporarily disables the music recommendations based on your listening history. Once you exit Private Session, the recommendations will return to their previous state.
The suggestions for songs on Spotify can be a nuisance when trying to listen to your favorite tunes. But with the methods outlined above, you can stop Spotify from playing suggested songs and enjoy uninterrupted listening. Remember to regularly check your settings and log in and out of your account to make sure they are properly configured. With a little effort, you can make Spotify work for you.