Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming platforms and is loved by millions of people worldwide. It offers a vast library of millions of songs, podcasts, and various genres to enjoy, personalized playlists, and other exciting features. However, there comes a situation where you may want to listen to Spotify on more than one device, either because you and your friend want to enjoy music together or because you want to switch your listening device. Whatever the reason, Spotify has made this possible.
This blog will guide you on how to listen to Spotify on more than one device. We have listed several methods that you can navigate easily. But before we proceed, let’s go through some necessary requirements to have a smooth experience.
1. Spotify account
2. Stable internet connection on all devices
3. Compatible devices where Spotify is available
4. The latest version of Spotify installed in all devices
What Should I Pay Attention to?
You should use the same Spotify account on all devices to synchronize and access your playlists and favorite songs. Additionally, please ensure that you log in to the right account if you have multiple accounts, and each device should have a stable internet connection.
Method 1: Using Spotify Connect
Spotify Connect allows you to control the streaming from one device to another. For instance, you can play music on your smartphone and switch to your PC or tablet, and the music will continue playing smoothly.
1. Open Spotify on your device and play any song
2. Tap on the menu icon( Three vertical dots) available on the top-right corner of your device’s screen.
3. Select "Devices Available" or "Connect to a device"
4. A list of available devices will pop up, select where you want to play the music
5. The device will now appear as a remote control, and you can choose to pause, play, or skip the songs
Method 2: Using Spotify on Web Player
Another alternative option is to use the Spotify web player to listen to music on multiple devices. The Spotify Web Player is a web-based platform that enables streaming of Spotify content directly from your browser without downloading the application.
1. Open your browser and access the Spotify website.
2. Sign in to your account.
3. Begin playing your favorite music and select the "Devices Available" option at the bottom right corner.
4. Choose the device you want to listen to the music.
Method 3: Using Aux Cable/Splitter
You can use the standard 3.5 mm aux cable or splitter to play music on multiple devices simultaneously. Although this method may not allow you to control the streaming from different devices, you can still enjoy music on different devices.
1. Connect one end of the aux cable to your first device’s headphone jack.
2. Using the other end, connect it to the auxiliary port or headphone jack of the second device.
3. Play any song on your primary device, and it will play on both devices.
Why Can’t I listen to Spotify on more than one device?
1. You are not using the same Spotify account on all devices.
2. You are not using compatible devices where Spotify is available.
3. You don’t have a stable internet connection on all devices.
Q1. Why is my music pausing when I try to switch devices?
A1. It typically happens when you transition between devices that use different internet connections, such as switching from Wi-Fi to mobile data. To fix it, ensure that your device is connected to a strong internet connection, or reload your Spotify application.
Q2. How many devices can I listen to Spotify on simultaneously?
A2. The maximum devices you can use one Spotify account for is 6. However, if you want to use more than six devices simultaneously, you’ll need to use a different account on the other devices.
Q3. Can I listen to Spotify on my phone and PC at the same time?
A3. Yes, it’s entirely possible using Spotify Connect. Open Spotify on your mobile device and select Spotify Connect to join the session in progress. From there, you can control your PC’s Spotify player remotely using your smartphone’s Spotify app.
Q4. Can I play different songs on multiple devices at the same time?
A4. No, you cannot play different songs on multiple devices. Spotify streams audio separately to each device, so it’s impossible to have one audio track across multiple devices.
Q5. Can I use the same account to play different songs on two different devices?
A5. No, using the same account to play different songs on separate devices is not possible. When you play a song on one device, the streaming service is paused on the other device they were using.
Listening to Spotify on more than one device is easy and convenient with the methods we have mentioned above. You can use Spotify Connect to stream between devices, use the web player to play music directly from your browser, or a splitter/aux cable to get the job done. However, we recommend using the same Spotify account on all devices and having an active internet connection to avoid any interruptions. Try one or more of the methods shared to sync your Spotify experience across all devices effortlessly.