If you are a fitness enthusiast, then you probably have a Samsung Galaxy Active 2 smartwatch. While it’s a great device for monitoring your fitness goals, you may currently be using it to control music playback on your connected phone, which is not convenient when you’re on the move. To make life easier, you can play Spotify directly on your Galaxy Active 2 without having to rely on your phone. In this post, we’ll show you how to play Spotify on Galaxy Active 2 in detail.
Why You Need to Play Spotify on Galaxy Active 2
One of the primary reasons why you should play Spotify directly on your Galaxy Active 2 is convenience. You don’t need to have your phone with you while jogging, exercising, or doing any physical activity that involves carrying items. When you play Spotify from your watch, you can listen to music, podcast, and other audio content in high-quality directly from your wrist.
Method 1: Via Galaxy Wearable
The first method to play Spotify on your Galaxy Active 2 is through Galaxy Wearable. Here are the detailed steps:
1. Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone and select the ‘Watch Faces’ tab.
2. Scroll down and tap on ‘Spotify’ under the Music option.
3. Sign in to your Spotify account and grant permission to Samsung Health.
4. Once you’re logged in, select the ‘Settings’ tab at the bottom of the screen.
5. Under ‘Settings’, enable ‘Ready to Connect’ and tap ‘Connect to a device’.
6. Select your Galaxy Active 2 from the list of available devices.
7. Now, open the Spotify app on your watch and navigate to ‘Your Library’.
8. From here, you can access your playlists, albums, podcasts, and other audio content.
– Simple to set up and connect
– Seamless integration with the Galaxy Active 2
– Easy to control music playback from your wrist
– Relies on an active internet connection
– May experience occasional connection issues
Method 2: Using Spotify Connect
Another way to play Spotify on your Galaxy Active 2 is by using the Spotify Connect feature. Here are the steps:
1. Make sure your phone and watch are connected via Bluetooth.
2. Open the Spotify app on your phone and start playing the audio content you want to listen to.
3. Swipe down from the top of your phone’s screen to access quick settings and select ‘Spotify Connect’.
4. Your Galaxy Active 2 should appear on the list of available devices.
5. Select your watch from the list and the audio will start playing on your watch.
– Doesn’t require any extra apps or downloads
– Quick and easy to connect
– No need to log in or grant permissions
– Songs may take some time to buffer, especially when not on Wi-Fi
– Doesn’t work if your phone and watch are not connected via Bluetooth
Method 3: Download and Listen Offline
If you have a Spotify Premium subscription, you can download playlists, albums, and podcasts for offline listening. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Spotify app on your phone and navigate to the audio content you want to download.
2. Tap the three-dot icon (ellipsis) next to the content and select ‘Download’.
3. Wait for the download to complete.
4. Open the Spotify app on your watch and navigate to ‘Your Library’.
5. Your downloaded content should appear under ‘Playlists’ or ‘Albums’.
6. Select the content you want to listen to and start playback.
– No need for an internet connection
– No buffering or connectivity issues
– Great for offline workouts or areas with no internet
– Limited to only downloaded content
– Requires a Spotify Premium subscription
What to Do If You Can’t Play Spotify on Galaxy Active 2
If you’re having trouble playing Spotify on your Galaxy Active 2, here are some troubleshooting tips to resolve the issue:
– Ensure your watch is connected to your phone via Bluetooth.
– Verify that Galaxy Wearable and Spotify apps are up to date on your phone and watch.
– Make sure you have a stable internet connection and sufficient mobile data.
– Restart your phone and watch.
– Disconnect and reconnect your phone and watch through the Galaxy Wearable app.
– Try using a different method, such as downloading Spotify content for offline listening.
To save battery life on your Galaxy Active 2, turn off the ‘Listen on Wi-Fi’ option in your Spotify settings. This will prevent the Spotify app from using Wi-Fi even when the watch is connected, which can drain your battery quickly.
5 FAQs About Playing Spotify on Galaxy Active 2
Q1: How can I control playback on my Galaxy Active 2?
A: You can control playback by swiping left or right on the watch screen to skip tracks, or by tapping the play/pause button.
Q2: Will playing Spotify directly on my watch drain my battery faster?
A: Yes, playing music directly on your watch will consume more battery life than controlling playback from your phone.
Q3: What happens if I lose my internet connection while streaming Spotify on my Galaxy Active 2?
A: Spotify will pause playback and display an error message until your connection is restored.
Q4: Is there a difference in audio quality when playing music on Galaxy Active 2 compared to my phone?
A: The quality of the audio playback on your watch may be slightly lower compared to when you listen to music on your phone.
Q5: Can I stream Spotify on my Galaxy Active 2 without my phone nearby?
A: No, you need a connected phone to initially set up Spotify on your watch and to have access to an internet connection.
Now you know how to play Spotify on your Galaxy Active 2 through various methods. Whether you are working out or on the go, you can now listen to your favorite music, podcasts, and audio content right from your wrist. Just remember to keep your Galaxy Active 2 charged so you can enjoy uninterrupted listening.