Spotify is undoubtedly one of the most frequently used music streaming services worldwide. Not only has it revolutionized the music industry, but it has given its listeners access to millions of songs from different genres. Lately, Spotify has introduced a new feature called "Pre-Save," which enables users to save an album or a single before its release date. Pre-Save was made available on Spotify to ensure an excellent listening experience, as you can listen to your favorite album within a few seconds of its release date. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through how to pre-save a song on Spotify effortlessly.
Why You Need to Pre-Save A Song on Spotify
The music industry has long known that when record sales are recorded, it is all about first impressions. This is why record labels and artists spend months promoting their albums and singles ahead of their release dates. Spotify’s Pre-Save feature is the same. Pre-Save entails adding an album or a single to a user’s Spotify library before its official release. This feature proves to be beneficial because:
- You can access new music immediately.
- It helps in making pre-release predictions.
- It ensures a seamless listening experience.
- You can inform your friends about new music through social media in advance.
Method 1: Via Spotify Desktop App
Adding new music to your Spotify account is a breeze thanks to Spotify’s user-friendly desktop app. Here’s how to pre-save a song on a Spotify desktop app:
- Launch the Spotify app on your desktop.
- Go to the artist’s album or song that you wish to save and click on it.
- Next, click on the three-dotted button to display more options.
- Select the "Pre-Save" option on the dropdown menu.
- The "Pre-Save" button will turn green, indicating that the requested song will now be automatically added to your library on release day.
- It’s effortless to do;
- It’s free;
- You can also do it without a premium account.
- It can only be done when you are connected to the internet;
- You have to wait for the specified release date.
Method 2: Via Spotify Mobile App
Suppose you don’t have a computer and you need to pre-save a song on the go. In that case, you can use Spotify’s mobile app to do it. Here’s how:
- Launch the Spotify app on your mobile phone.
- Find the artist’s album or song that you wish to save and click on it.
- Click the three-dotted button to get additional options.
- Tap on the "Pre-Save" option.
- The "Pre-Save" button will turn green, indicating that the requested album or song will now be automatically added to your library on release day.
- You can do it on-the-go;
- You can also use it without a premium account;
- You can save music across different devices.
- You need to be connected to the internet;
- You cannot listen to the track until its release date.
Method 3: Via the Artist’s Website
Some artists enable users to pre-save their albums or single songs via their websites. Paul McCartney is one of the few artists that allows you to pre-save his songs via his website. Here is how:
- Visit the artist’s website and go to their pre-save page.
- You can pre-save the album or song title by clicking the "Pre-Save on Spotify" button.
- You will be forwarded to the Spotify website, where you will be required to log in to your account.
- Once you have logged in, the album or song will be pre-saved and automatically added to your Spotify library when it’s released.
- You don’t need to switch between tabs to pre-save music;
- It’s straightforward to use;
- You can also logout immediately after pre-saving.
- It’s not available for all artists;
- You have to log in to your Spotify account to pre-save the album.
What to Do If You Can’t Pre-Save A Song on Spotify
Some issues can prevent you from pre-saving a song on Spotify, such as being unable to connect to the internet or experiencing technical problems. Here’s what you can do to resolve these issues:
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection.
- Check if your Spotify app is updated to the latest version.
- Clear your browsing history and cache files.
- Log out and log back into your account.
- Restart your device or try to pre-save on a different device.
Did you know that when you pre-save an album or song on Spotify, you can access exclusive pre-release content? One of the features of Spotify’s Pre-Save is that artists can offer their listeners exclusive content that is only accessible to those who pre-save the album or single. This feature is available to inspire excitement among listeners by giving them an early bird’s view of upcoming content.
5 FAQs about Pre-Saving A Song on Spotify
Q1: Can I pre-save an album or song before its release date?
A: Yes, you can. Pre-Saving an album or song enables you to have it added to your Spotify library immediately it’s released.
Q2: Does Pre-Saving guarantee that I will get new music once it’s released?
A: Yes, pre-saving music guarantees that you will get it once it’s officially released.
Q3: How much does Pre-Saving a song on Spotify cost?
A: Pre-Saving a song on Spotify is free of charge. You can do it with a free or premium account.
Q4: Is it possible to pre-save songs without an internet connection?
A: No, you cannot pre-save songs without an internet connection. You need a stable internet connection to pre-save your favorite songs.
Q5: Can I pre-save music across different devices?
A: Yes, you can. If you have multiple devices connected to one Spotify account, you can pre-save your favorite music on each of these devices.
Pre-Saving music on Spotify gives you an excellent listening experience. By using any of the three methods mentioned above, you can pre-save songs or albums without any difficulties. Always ensure that you have access to a stable internet connection and that your Spotify app is up-to-date to enjoy a smooth listening experience.