Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming platforms offering millions of songs to its users worldwide. Although Spotify is available for free, it has some limitations, such as ads, lack of offline playback, and lower audio quality. Spotify Premium, which costs about $10/month, solves all these issues but not everyone can afford it. Therefore, in this article, we’re going to share some methods to save music on Spotify without premium.
Why You Need to Save Music on Spotify Without Premium
Spotify Premium is an excellent service, but it might not be feasible for every listener. Although Spotify free plan allows streaming songs, it comes with caveats like ad-supported music, lower audio quality, and no offline playback. The ad-supported music can be a big turn-off, and sometimes the ads can also interrupt the music flow. Thus, saving music on Spotify without premium could be a great solution for this problem, as this technique will help you listen to your favorite music without any interruption.
Method 1: Using Spotify Recorder
Spotify Recorder is a particular tool that acts like an audio recorder, allowing users to record essentially any sound played on your PC, including music played via Spotify. Here’s how to save music on Spotify without premium using Spotify Recorder:
1. Launch Spotify Recorder and Spotify on your computer.
2. Start playing the song you want to record.
3. Hit the "Record" button in the recorder.
4. Song will play, and the recorder will save it.
5. When the song completes, stop the recorder by hitting "Stop".
6. Save the recorded file in any desired format or location.
– Easy to use and record.
– Can save the record in any format.
– Can record other types of audio also.
– The audio quality may not be as good.
– Some free versions have limitations.
– Need to purchase a full version for more features.
Method 2: Using a Spotify to MP3 Converter Online
This method allows converting Spotify music from OGG Vorbis format to MP3 or other more popular formats that can be played on any device. Here’s how to save music on Spotify without premium using an online Spotify to MP3 converter:
1. Open the Spotify app and find the songs you want to save.
2. Copy the link/address of the song.
3. Go to an online Spotify converter website.
4. Paste the copied address/link.
5. Click the "Convert" button.
6. Download the converted file.
– Can convert as many songs as you want.
– It’s quick and simple to operate.
– Can choose the output format and sound quality.
– Sometimes the quality of MP3 is low.
– Need a stable internet connection.
– Some spam sites may harm your device or steal your data.
Method 3: Using Audacity
Audacity is a popular open-source application that can record or edit audio on your computer. It can record any audio played through your computer’s speakers or microphone. Here’s how to save music on Spotify without premium using Audacity:
1. Launch Audacity and Spotify on your PC.
2. Select the Spotify song you want to record and play it.
3. In Audacity, select "Windows WASAPI" as the input device.
4. Press the "Record" button in Audacity.
5. Stop the recording when the song ends.
6. Save the recorded file in any format or location.
– It’s a free and open-source application.
– Can record other types of audios also.
– Available for Windows, macOS, and Linux OS.
– Audio quality may not be perfect.
– Requires a bit of technical knowledge.
– The interface is not that user-friendly.
What to Do If You Can’t Save Music on Spotify Without Premium
If you can’t save music on Spotify without premium, you may have to go for a premium subscription. Apart from that, you can also try some other music streaming services available online like Apple Music, Deezer, Tidal, or Amazon Music. Some of these alternatives also have free plans with the same features as Spotify Premium.
If you’re using iOS or Android, you can download individual songs within the Spotify app to play offline. However, this feature is only available to Spotify Premium subscribers. You can also save playlists for offline playback on Spotify without premium, but you need to follow the methods mentioned above.
Q1: Can I use these methods for commercial purposes?
A: No, these methods are for personal use only. Using music recorded via these methods commercially may infringe copyright laws.
Q2: How can I ensure that I’m not violating any laws while saving music on Spotify without premium?
A: You can refer to the copyright laws of your country and read Spotify’s terms and conditions carefully before saving music.
Q3: Can I save entire playlists using these methods?
A: Yes, you can save entire playlists using these methods.
Q4: Does Spotify allow offline playbacks without premium?
A: Yes, but you can only play the downloaded songs on the devices you’ve downloaded them on.
Q5: Can I save high-quality audio using these methods?
A: The quality may be limited to 160kbps, which is considerably lower than the 320kbps offered by Spotify Premium.
Spotify Premium is an excellent service, but it may not be feasible for all music lovers. Therefore, we shared some methods to save music on Spotify without premium, but we recommend using these methods for personal use only. You can try any of these methods depending on your preferences, but be careful not to violate any copyright laws while doing so. We hope this article has helped you with your music-saving needs, and you can listen to your favorite Spotify songs anytime, anywhere.