Spotify is one of the best music streaming platforms that have been loved by millions of people worldwide. Scanning a Spotify song comes to use when you are eager to know the details about a particular track, but somehow, it is not visible to you. The process of scanning a Spotify song is simple and easy to understand. You need to follow a few steps, and you will have all the details of the song readily available for you. But why do you need to scan a Spotify song? Well, there are several reasons behind it. For instance, there is always a chance that you come across a song, and you like it, but you don’t have the title or artist’s name. This is where scanning a Spotify song comes in handy.
The Challenge of Scanning A Spotify Song
You will be happy to hear that there aren’t many challenges when it comes to scanning a Spotify song. However, you need to have a clear idea about how to do it; otherwise, you won’t be able to scan a song successfully.
Things You Should Prepare for?
Let’s have a look at some of the things you need to prepare for before you can go ahead and scan a Spotify song.
1. A Spotify Account: The first and foremost thing you need to do is create a Spotify account. Without it, you won’t be able to scan songs.
2. The Latest Version of the Spotify App: Make sure that you have the latest version of the Spotify app installed on your device. Otherwise, the process of scanning a Spotify song won’t work correctly.
3. Proper Internet Connection: To scan a Spotify song, you need to have a proper internet connection. Without it, you won’t be able to connect to the Spotify database.
3 or 4 Methods to Scan A Spotify Song
Here are the three methods you can use to scan a Spotify Song:
Method 1: Use Your Phone’s Microphone
This is the easiest method to scan a Spotify song. Follow the steps below:
1. Open the Spotify App on Your Phone: Open the Spotify app installed on your phone.
2. Click on the Microphone Icon: In the search bar, click on the microphone icon. You will find it on the right side of the search bar.
3. Hold Your Phone Near the Speaker: Play the song you want to scan and hold your phone near the speaker.
4. Allow Spotify to Access Your Microphone: A pop-up will appear, asking for permission to access your phone’s microphone. Click on "Allow."
5. Wait for Spotify to Scan the Song: Once you give permission, Spotify will start scanning the song. Within a few seconds, you will have all the details about the song.
– Easy to use
– Doesn’t require any additional tools
– Works best in a quiet environment
Method 2: Use a Third-Party App
You can also use third-party apps to scan a Spotify song. Shazam is one of the best apps that you can use. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Install the Shazam App: Download and install the Shazam app on your phone.
2. Open the Shazam App: Open the app and click on the Shazam button.
3. Play the Song: Play the song you want to scan.
4. Wait for a Few Seconds: Allow Shazam to scan the song. Within a few seconds, you will get all the details about the song.
– Works even in a noisy environment
– Can scan songs even when played on the radio
– You need another app to scan a Spotify song
Method 3: Use the Spotify App’s Search Bar
You can also scan a Spotify song using the Spotify app’s search bar. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Spotify App: Open the Spotify app on your phone.
2. Click on the Search Bar: In the search bar, type the lyrics of the song you want to scan.
3. Click on the Search Icon: Click on the search icon. You will see a list of songs.
4. Look for the Song: Look for the song you want to scan. Once you find it, click on it, and you will get all the details about the song.
– Easy to use
– Doesn’t require any additional apps
– You need to know the lyrics of the song
Why Can’t I Scan A Spotify Song?
There are several reasons why you may not be able to scan a Spotify song. Here are a few:
1. Poor Internet Connection: Without a proper internet connection, you won’t be able to connect to the Spotify database.
2. Old Version of the Spotify App: If you have an old version of the Spotify app installed on your phone, you won’t be able to scan a song. Make sure that you have the latest version of the app.
3. Use of a VPN: If you are using a VPN, you may not be able to connect to the Spotify database.
Make sure that you have a proper internet connection, install the latest version of the Spotify app, and disable your VPN before scanning a song.
Here are a few additional tips that you can follow when scanning a Spotify song:
1. Use a Good Quality Microphone: If you choose to scan a song using your phone’s microphone, use a good quality microphone to get accurate results.
2. Type the Lyrics Properly: If you choose to scan a song using the search bar, make sure that you type the lyrics properly. Otherwise, you won’t be able to find what you’re looking for.
Q. How Do I Know If My Spotify Song Is Scanned?
A. Once Spotify has scanned the song, you will see all the details about the song, including the title, artist, album, release date, and more.
Q. Can I Scan Any Song Using Spotify?
A. You can only scan songs that are available on Spotify.
Q. Can I Scan a Song Using Spotify on my Desktop?
A. No, you cannot scan a song using Spotify on your Desktop. It is only available on the mobile app.
Q. How Accurate Are the Results of the Scan?
A. The results are usually accurate, but it depends on the quality of the microphone and the clarity of the song.
Q. Can I Scan a Song Even If I Don’t Have a Spotify Account?
A. No, you need to have a Spotify account to scan a song.
Scanning a Spotify song is easy and convenient. You can use different methods to scan a song, but make sure that you have a proper internet connection and the latest version of the Spotify app installed on your device. Try out the different methods mentioned above and choose the one that works best for you. With these few steps, you will able to know more information about the Spotify song.