A podcast review is a way for listeners to express their opinions about a podcast. It allows podcast hosts to get feedback from their audience and improve their content. If you’re a podcast host, you may be wondering how to see podcast reviews on Spotify. In this blog post, we will guide you through several methods to view podcast reviews on Spotify, and explain why it’s important to pay attention to them.
As a helpful assistant, we want to make sure that your audience is engaged and satisfied with your podcast. Therefore, understanding how to see podcast reviews on Spotify is beneficial for you as a podcaster. It lets you know what your listeners like/dislike about your podcast. Through this post, we aim to make it easier for you to receive feedback on your podcast.
To view podcast reviews on Spotify, you need:
- Spotify app on your device
- A Spotify account as a podcast listener or host
- An internet connection
What Requires Your Focus?
When viewing podcast reviews on Spotify, it is important to pay attention to:
- The overall rating of your podcast
- The number of reviews your podcast has received
- The comments/reviews written by your listeners
The ratings and reviews offer valuable insight into what your audience thinks about your podcast. So, it’s essential to take the time to read/listen to each review and respond when necessary.
Different Methods to See Podcast Reviews on Spotify
Method 1: Through the Spotify App
The easiest way to view reviews for a podcast on Spotify is through the Spotify app. Follow these steps:
- Open the Spotify app on your device
- Log in to your account
- Search for the podcast
- Click the podcast’s name to go to its homepage
- Scroll down to "Ratings & Reviews" section on the page
- You’ll now see the overall rating of the podcast and all the reviews/comments
- Simple and quick way to view podcast reviews
- Reviews and ratings are all in one place
- Reviews and ratings are not categorized based on the date of their posting.
Method 2: Via Podcast Connect
If you’re a podcaster and want to view your podcast reviews and ratings from a technical point of view, then you can use Podcast Connect.
- Log in to Podcast Connect via https://podcasters.spotify.com/
- Click the name of your podcast to go to its dashboard
- Scroll down to “Reviews and Ratings" section on the dashboard
- You’ll now see all the reviews and ratings of your podcast
- You can view the reviews and ratings of your podcast as a podcaster
- Reviews can be filtered by date and rating type
- Only accessible to podcasters who’ve claimed their podcast via Spotify
- Reviews might take a few days to appear on Podcast Connect
Method 3: Using Third-Party Websites
You can also view podcast reviews on third-party websites that collect and aggregate reviews from multiple podcast platforms, including Spotify. One such website is Chartable.
- Open the Chartable website (https://chartable.com/)
- Enter the name of the podcast in the search bar
- Scroll down the page to the "Ratings & Reviews" tab
- Here you can see reviews, ratings, and statistics of the podcast
- You can view podcast reviews from multiple platforms in one place
- You can easily compare your podcast’s ratings with others in the same category
- Reviews might not appear immediately on third-party websites compared to Spotify
- Some websites might require payment to see full review summaries
Why Can’t I See Podcast Reviews on Spotify?
There can be several reasons why you may not be able to view podcast reviews on Spotify, including:
- Your podcast is new, and there are no reviews yet
- The reviews section is temporarily disabled by Spotify due to technical issues
- Your podcast has received customer complaints, and Spotify is investigating it
To fix these issues, follow these steps:
For no reviews on a new podcast:
- Promote your podcast on different platforms to get more listeners
- Encourage your listeners to give a rating/review for your podcast
For a temporarily disabled review section:
- Wait for a few days and try again to see if the section is back up
- Contact Spotify support to check the status of the review section on their end
For customer complaints against your podcast:
- Take the complaints seriously and investigate the issue to identify the cause
- Correct the problem immediately and issue an apology to your listeners
Implications and Recommendations
Reviews are an important aspect of podcasting as they provide valuable feedback on content quality, listener engagement, and listener satisfaction. As a podcaster, listening to feedback from your audience can help improve your podcast.
Here are some recommendations and implications of viewing podcast reviews:
- Respond personally and positively to every review to show your listeners that you value their input.
- Make an effort to improve on negative feedback and celebrate the positive feedback when possible.
- Use feedback to improve your content and satisfaction of your listeners.
- Encourage your listeners to leave ratings/reviews and make it easy for them to do so.
5 FAQs about How to See Podcast Reviews on Spotify
Q1: How often do podcast reviews get updated on Spotify?
A: It may vary but usually reviews get updated in a day or two after posting.
Q2: Can I delete reviews on Spotify?
A: No, you can’t delete reviews on Spotify since they are public feedback given by listeners.
Q3: Can I add a reply to the reviews I receive on Spotify?
A: Yes, you can reply to the review on Spotify through the Spotify app or Podcast Connect.
Q4: Is there a way to filter reviews by date on Spotify?
A: No, you can’t filter reviews by date on Spotify’s app yet.
Q5: Can I see statistics of reviews on Spotify?
A: Yes, You can see reviews statistics on third-party websites like Chartable, but Spotify itself doesn’t provide review statistics.
Knowing how to see podcast reviews on Spotify is crucial for podcasters to understand how their audience perceives their content. Reviews and ratings are important indicators of a podcast’s success, popularity, and user experience. Therefore, it’s essential for podcasters to invest the time and effort to monitor and respond to their reviews.
Lastly, we hope that this blog post has helped you in finding a way to view your podcast’s reviews on Spotify. Happy podcasting!