As an iPhone user, you might have struggled with setting up a custom ringtone on your device. It’s because Apple doesn’t allow users to set ringtones directly from third-party music streaming apps like Spotify. It can be frustrating for music lovers who wish to set their favorite track as their ringtone on their iPhone. However, there’s no need to worry because we’ve got you covered. In this blog post, we will discuss how to set a ringtone from Spotify on your iPhone seamlessly.
The Challenge of Setting Ringtone from Spotify
While iPhone users can easily set any music file as a ringtone, it becomes challenging when it comes to setting a ringtone from a third-party music streaming app like Spotify. Apple has not provided an in-built option to set ringtones, and Spotify doesn’t provide any access to its source files.
Another challenge that users face is that the ringtones should not be longer than 30 seconds, making it essential to trim the selected track before setting it as a ringtone. Overall, setting a ringtone from Spotify requires a workaround that involves converting the track to a compatible format and trimming it.
Things You Should Prepare for?
Before you begin to set up a custom ringtone from Spotify on your iPhone, there are a few things you should prepare.
1. An account on Spotify and Apple Music – While you can use a free Spotify account, you need an active Apple Music subscription to set your ringtone.
2. A computer with the latest version of iTunes – You’ll need a computer with the latest version of iTunes installed.
3. A ringtone maker app – You can use any ringtone maker app to trim the music track and convert it to a compatible format.
4. A lightning cable – You’ll need a lightning cable to connect your iPhone to your computer.
Method 1: Using the GarageBand App
GarageBand is a free music editing app that lets users create and edit music tracks. While its primary purpose is music recording and editing, you can use it to set a custom ringtone from Spotify on your iPhone. Here’s how to do it:
1. Download the GarageBand app from the App Store.
2. Open the GarageBand app and select the type of track you want to create.
3. Click the ‘Settings’ button, select ‘Ringtone’ and then ‘Standard Ringtone.’
4. Select ‘Audio Recorder’ and then ‘Record’ to begin recording the track.
5. Play the Spotify music track you want to set as a ringtone in the background.
6. Stop the recording once you’ve captured the section of the music track you want to use as the ringtone.
7. Click on ‘My songs’ and hold down on the saved song.
8. Select ‘Share’ and then ‘Ringtone.’
9. Name the ringtone, and it will automatically be added to your ringtone library.
– No need for a computer to create a ringtone.
– Offers multiple settings and options for creating custom ringtones.
– GarageBand can be challenging to use for beginners.
– Creating ringtones with GarageBand requires time and effort.
Method 2: Using a Ringtone Maker and iTunes
Using a third-party ringtone maker app and iTunes is a way to set a custom ringtone from Spotify on your iPhone. Here’s how to do it:
1. Download a ringtone maker app of your choice.
2. Open the Spotify app and select the song you want to use as a ringtone.
3. Select the three-dot icon next to the song and click ‘Share’ and then ‘Copy Link.’
4. Open a web browser and go to the Spotify to MP3 converter website.
5. Paste the Spotify song’s link and click ‘Convert.’
6. Once the track is converted, download it and add it to your iTunes library.
7. Connect your iPhone to the computer using a lightning cable.
8. Open iTunes and select the audio file you want to use as a ringtone.
9. Right-click the track and select ‘Get Info.’
10. Click the ‘Options’ tab and set the ‘Start Time’ and ‘Stop Time’ for the ringtone.
11. Right-click the track again and select ‘Create AAC Version.’
12. Drag and drop the newly generated track onto your desktop.
13. Rename the file extension from .m4a to .m4r.
14. Finally, drag and drop the file to your iPhone’s ‘Tones’ folder in iTunes.
– It is an easy and straightforward process.
– The ringtone can be created using any ringtone maker app.
– Requires a computer to convert the file to a compatible format.
– The process can be time-consuming.
Method 3: Using Third-Party Apps
Several third-party apps provide access to a broader library of ringtones and music of various genres. These apps offer a range of features and are straightforward to use. Here’s how to do it:
1. Download a ringtone app of your choice from the App Store.
2. Open the app and browse the available ringtones.
3. Once you’ve found a suitable ringtone, click on the ‘Download’ button.
4. The app will download the file, and you can then set it as your iPhone’s ringtone.
– Access to a broad range of ringtones and music.
– Easy to use.
– Some apps may charge for access to premium features.
– Limited customization options.
Why Can’t I Set Ringtone Directly from Spotify?
Spotify is not designed to provide access to its source files, which are essential for setting a custom ringtone. Additionally, Apple’s iOS operating system doesn’t allow users to set ringtones directly from third-party apps. It means that to set up a custom ringtone from Spotify, you’ll need to follow a specific process.
Reasons why you can’t set a ringtone directly from Spotify:
1. Apple does not allow direct access to third-party apps’ source files.
2. Spotify has not included any feature that allows users to customize ringtones.
3. Apple has strict guidelines on the ringtone lengths and file formats.
How to fix the issues:
1. Follow the methods outlined in this article to set up a custom ringtone from Spotify.
2. Use any ringtone maker app to create ringtones from Spotify music tracks.
3. Make sure you follow the guidelines on ringtone lengths and file formats.
– It is essential to trim tracks before setting them as ringtones.
– Make sure that the selected track is in a compatible format, such as MP3.
– Remember that ringtones should not be longer than 30 seconds.
– GarageBand offers a range of settings and options for customizing ringtones.
Q1. Why can’t I set a custom ringtone on my iPhone?
A1. Apple doesn’t provide an in-built option to set custom ringtones on iPhones. You’ll need to follow a specific process to set a custom ringtone.
Q2. Can I set a custom ringtone from Spotify on my iPhone?
A2. Yes, you can set a custom ringtone from Spotify on your iPhone. Follow the methods outlined in this article.
Q3. Is it necessary to have an Apple Music subscription to set ringtones?
A3. Yes, you need an active Apple Music subscription to set your ringtone.
Q4. Can I create ringtones from any song on Spotify?
A4. Yes, you can create custom ringtones from any song on Spotify using a ringtone maker app.
Q5. How long can ringtones be on an iPhone?
A5. Ringtones on iPhone should not be longer than 30 seconds.
Setting a custom ringtone from Spotify on your iPhone can be a challenging task, but with the methods outlined in this article, you can easily do it. Remember to trim the selected track to 30 seconds and convert it to a compatible format before setting it as your ringtone. Whether you choose to use GarageBand, third-party apps, or ringtone maker and iTunes, you can set up a custom ringtone from Spotify on your iPhone effortlessly.