Spotify, the world’s most popular music streaming service, boasts a vast library of millions of songs across a range of genres. Among its many features, one that users particularly enjoy is the shuffle play mode, which randomly plays tracks from a defined playlist, album, or artist. However, some users may find it challenging to shuffle play on Spotify on their PCs. If you’re one of them, then this blog post is for you.
The Challenge of How to Shuffle Play Spotify on Pc
Although shuffle play on Spotify is a straightforward feature, some users may not be able to use it on their PCs for various reasons. For instance, some users may find it hard to access the shuffle play feature on the Spotify desktop app due to its user interface. Others may not be able to shuffle play on Spotify because of a technical issue, such as incorrect settings or a software glitch.
Things You Should Prepare for
Before you start to learn how to shuffle play on Spotify, there are a few things you should prepare for:
– First, make sure you have a Spotify account. If you don’t have one, you can sign up for a free or premium account on Spotify’s website.
– Second, ensure that you have downloaded and installed the Spotify desktop app on your PC. You can download it from Spotify’s website or Microsoft Store.
– Lastly, have your favorite playlist or album ready to play.
Method 1: How to Shuffle Play Spotify on PC using the Desktop App
If you’re using the Spotify desktop app, follow these steps to shuffle play a playlist, album, or artist:
1. Start by opening the Spotify desktop app on your PC.
2. Next, navigate to the playlist, album, or artist that you want to shuffle play.
3. Once you’ve selected the playlist, album, or artist, click on the "Shuffle Play" button located at the top of the screen.
4. Alternatively, you can press the Ctrl + Shift + S keys on your keyboard to start shuffle play.
– Easy to locate the shuffle play button in the desktop app.
– No option to repeat a song.
– You can only shuffle play one playlist or artist at a time.
Method 2: How to Shuffle Play Spotify on PC using the Web Player
If you prefer to use the Spotify web player, here’s how you can shuffle play a playlist, album, or artist:
1. Open the Spotify website on your preferred web browser.
2. Log in to your account and select the playlist, album, or artist that you want to shuffle play.
3. Click on the "Shuffle Play" button located at the top of the screen.
4. Alternatively, you can right-click on the playlist, album, or artist and select "Shuffle Play" from the dropdown menu.
– No need to install an app if you do not have enough space on your device.
– Easy-accessibility from any web browser.
– Limited functionality as compared to the desktop app.
– May lag and may not shuffle properly.
Method 3: How to Shuffle Play Spotify on PC using a Third-Party App
Apart from the Spotify desktop app and web player, you can also use a third-party app to shuffle play your favorite playlist, album, or artist. One such third-party app is the Mini-Player app.
Here’s how you can shuffle play on Spotify in PC using the Mini-Player app:
1. Download and install the Mini-Player app on your PC.
2. Launch the app and log in to your Spotify account.
3. Find the playlist, album, or artist you want to shuffle play and click on the "Shuffle Play" button.
4. Alternatively, you can use voice commands to control the Mini-Player app and shuffle play on Spotify.
– Additional features from third-party apps.
– Better user-interface and control.
– Potentially not secure.
– Could be costly.
Why Can’t I Shuffle Play on Spotify on PC
There could be various reasons why you can’t shuffle play on Spotify on your PC. Here are some common ones and their fixes:
1. You’ve exceeded the maximum number of skips or have used all your skips. Fix: Wait for the playlist or album to end or subscribe to Premium to get unlimited skips.
2. You’re not connected to the internet. Fix: Connect to the internet and try again.
3. You’ve selected an album or playlist that only has one track. Fix: Select an album or playlist with more tracks.
4. There’s a technical issue with the Spotify app or your PC. Fix: Restart your app or PC, reinstall the app, or check if there are any updates available.
– You can use the "Repeat" button to repeat a song on Spotify.
– Some users prefer to use keyboard shortcuts for shuffle play and other Spotify functions. You can find a list of Spotify keyboard shortcuts on Spotify’s website.
– You can also use the Spotify mobile app to shuffle play on your PC. Simply connect your PC and mobile devices to the same Wi-Fi network, select the "Devices Available" option in the Spotify app, and choose your PC.
5 FAQs about How to Shuffle Play Spotify on PC
Q1: Do you need a Premium account to shuffle play on Spotify?
A: No, you can use the shuffle play feature on Spotify with a free account as well.
Q2: How do I turn off the shuffle play feature on Spotify?
A: You can turn off the shuffle play feature on Spotify by clicking on the "Shuffle" button again, which will toggle the feature on and off.
Q3: Can I shuffle play multiple playlists in the Spotify desktop app?
A: No, you can only shuffle play one playlist or artist at a time.
Q4: Why does my shuffle play on Spotify not work?
A: You may not be able to shuffle play on Spotify due to various reasons, such as an unstable internet connection, technical issues with the app or your PC, or exceeding the maximum number of skips.
Q5: How do I reset the shuffle play feature on Spotify?
A: You can reset the shuffle play feature on Spotify by clearing your queue, which you can do by clicking on the "Next" button on the bottom right of the app window.
Shuffle play is a fantastic feature on Spotify that allows you to enjoy your favorite music without the hassle of selecting each song manually. By following the methods outlined in this blog post, you can easily shuffle play on Spotify on your PC. Remember to prepare adequately beforehand, troubleshoot common issues, and use additional tips to enhance your experience.