Spotify is undoubtedly the most popular music streaming service out there, boasting over 356 million active monthly users and a music library with nearly 70 million tracks. More often than not, Spotify’s music library can be overwhelming, and music lovers often require customizations to streamline their playlist. Spotify users often get a lot of music suggestions on the platform, and it’s natural to lose track of your favourite tracks. That’s where the ability to sort liked songs come in. Sorting your liked songs could make it easy to find a particular song whenever you are in the mood for it. In this blog post, we will guide you through a step-by-step tutorial on how to sort liked songs on Spotify.
Why You Need to Sort Liked Songs on Spotify
Sorting liked songs on Spotify has many benefits, eliminating the hassle of rummaging through a disorganized playlist to find a particular song. Without proper organization, the vast list of songs on Spotify could add inconvenience when creating a new song list. On Spotify, you can like a song to save it to your Library. Once you like a song, it gets added to the Liked Songs playlist, making it difficult to find specific tracks. The ability to sort your liked songs on Spotify makes it effortless to locate a particular track promptly.
Method 1: Using Spotify’s Sorting Feature
Are you tired of searching for songs one after the other, trying to find your preferred track? Spotify has introduced a fantastic feature that sorts liked songs on the platform, just like playlists. To sort songs on Spotify, follow these simple steps:
1. Open Spotify and go to the ‘Liked Songs’ playlist.
2. Select the three-dot icon located at the screen’s top-right corner.
3. Scroll down, select ‘Sort playlist by,’ and choose between the available options.
4. Choose an orientation for the sorting system (ascending or descending order).
– Simple to use, requires no technical knowledge.
– The sorting feature can sort your liked songs by Artist, Title, Album, Recently added, among other available sort options.
– Only sorts the ‘Liked Songs’ playlist and not individual playlists.
Method 2: Using the Spotify Web Player
Did you know you could sort music on Spotify without downloading the app? The Spotify web player offers users the ability to access Spotify without installing the app. You can sort liked songs using the web player and enjoy the features it offers in the app. Here is a straightforward guide on how to sort liked songs on Spotify using the web player:
1. Open the Spotify web player in your browser, log in, and go to the ‘Liked Songs’ playlist.
2. Right-click any song on the playlist.
3. Choose the ‘Sort By’ option from the context menu that appears, and select the method (Artist, Title, ect).
4. Select your preferred orientation (ascending or descending order), and you are good to go.
– No need to download the app.
– You can pause, play, and skip to the next song in any playlist or liked songs using the web player interface.
– Limited setting options and cannot customize the player view as the application offers.
Method 3: Using Third-party Apps
Using third-party apps is another simple way of sorting your liked songs on Spotify. There are many third-party apps that offer Spotify gaming features, and others specialize in sorting and customizing your playlists. One of such apps is ‘Songshift,’ an app that provides users the ability to copy playlists between various music services, including Spotify, Apple Music, and Deezer.
Here is a quick guide on how to sort songs on Spotify using Songshift:
1. Download the Songshift app on your preferred app store and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
2. Connect your Spotify account on the app.
3. Select the ‘Configure Source’ option and choose ‘Spotify’ as your music service.
4. Select ‘Liked Songs’ as your Source playlist and select ‘Create New Playlist’ as your Destination playlist.
5. Choose the Sort option under the advanced tab and select your preferred sort method (Artist, Title, Album, Recently added), then apply the sort method.
– Offers other way to switch between different music services.
– Customization and simplified playlist sorting.
– The Songshift app is only available on iOS app store, not compatible with other OS such as Android, Mac, or Windows.
– You need to pay to unlock the advanced features.
What to Do If You Can’t Sort Liked Songs on Spotify
What if you cannot sort your liked songs using the above methods? Here are some fixes to try:
Q: Why can’t I sort my songs on Spotify?
A: Ensure your Spotify app is updated and try any of the above methods.
Q: Why are my tracks not sorting correctly on Spotify?
A: If your tracks are not sorting correctly, check the track’s metadata to ensure it’s correct, try closing and reopening your Spotify app, or log out and log back in.
Q: Are there any other ways to sort music on Spotify?
A: Yes, other ways include using third-party apps, creating playlists with customized sorting, and using voice commands.
Q: Can I sort individual playlists, or is the sorting feature limited to the main ‘Liked Songs’ playlist?
A: The sorting feature is currently limited only to the main ‘Liked Songs’ playlist.
Organizing playlists allows for a more effortless and enjoyable listening experience. To make the best of sorting your playlist, try to keep it regularly updated to avoid confusion with newly added tracks.
5 FAQs About Sorting Liked Songs on Spotify
Q: Can I sort music automatically on Spotify?
A: Yes, Spotify has an option that allows you to sort individual playlists by Recent additions, which automatically adds newly added songs to the top.
Q: Can I sort my liked songs based on my mood?
A: Yes, you can use Spotify’s ‘Create New Playlist’ feature for customized sorting based on your mood and preferred tracklist.
Q: How do I remove duplicates in my Liked Songs playlist?
A: You can use next party Apps such as Sogify, Spotify Duplicate Cleaner to remove the duplicate tracks.
Q: Can I add individual songs to multiple playlists on Spotify?
A: Yes, you can add individual songs to multiple playlists on Spotify.
Q: Do I need to pay for Spotify’s sorting feature?
A: No, Spotify’s sorting feature is entirely free to use.
Sorting liked songs on Spotify is crucial for music lovers looking to take their listening experience to the next level. Whether you need to sorted liked songs based on artists, title, or album, the above methods made it simple and straightforward. Hopefully, this blog post has been informative and helpful in sorting your preferred playlist. Embrace and enjoy the benefits of having your favourite music neatly arranged and organized.