Have you ever dreamed of your song appearing on the popular Spotify playlists and reaching out to a wider audience? With the increasing popularity of Spotify as a music streaming platform, getting your song featured on its playlists can be a game-changer for any aspiring musician. However, with millions of songs and thousands of playlists on Spotify, the competition is tough, and the process of submission can be daunting. In this blog, we will guide you through some tried-and-tested methods to increase the chances of your song being selected and explain the procedure for submitting your song to a Spotify playlist.
Before we dive into the methods and steps to submit your songs to Spotify, here are a few things you need to make sure beforehand:
1. Your song should be available on Spotify. If not, you need to upload your song to a digital music distribution service like TuneCore, DistroKid, or CD Baby, which will distribute your content to various streaming platforms, including Spotify.
2. A well-crafted pitch is critical to grab the attention of the playlist curators. Make sure to include relevant information such as the genre, mood, inspiration, and backstory behind your song.
3. To submit your song to a Spotify playlist, you need to have an active Spotify account. If you don’t have one, create an account for free.
What Should I Pay Attention to?
Before you start submitting your songs to various playlists, it is important to keep the following things in mind:
1. Choose the right playlist: Make sure to research and find playlists that align with the genre, mood, and theme of your song. Don’t submit your song to inappropriate playlists as it can lead to rejection and damage your reputation.
2. Follow the submission guidelines: Every playlist has its own submission guidelines, and it is important to read and follow them carefully. Ignoring the guidelines can decrease the chances of your songs being selected.
3. Be patient: Spotify receives thousands of submissions every day, and it may take weeks or even months for your song to get featured on a playlist. Therefore, it is important to be patient and not lose hope.
Method 1: Submit Through Spotify for Artists
Spotify for Artists is a platform where artists can claim their profiles, view streaming statistics, and access promotional tools. Here are the steps to submit your song through Spotify for Artists:
1. Go to artists.spotify.com and click on "Claim Your Profile."
2. Log in to your Spotify account or sign up for a new account.
3. Once you claim your profile, click on "Music" on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
4. Select the release you want to submit and click on "Select."
5. Choose the song you want to submit and click on "Continue."
6. Click on "Submit a Song" and fill out the required information, including the pitch, genre, and mood.
7. Click "Submit" and wait for the confirmation email.
Method 2: Use Third-Party Curators
Several third-party curators specialize in submitting songs to Spotify playlists on behalf of artists. Here are the steps to submit your song through a third-party curator:
1. Research and find a reputable third-party curator, such as Indiemono or SubmitHub.
2. Read and follow the submission guidelines provided by the curator.
3. Pay the curator’s submission fee, which ranges from free to several dollars, depending on the package.
4. Fill out the required information, including the pitch, genre, and mood, and provide a link to your song.
5. Wait for the curator’s response and confirmation of playlist submission.
Method 3: Direct Pitch to Curators
Another method to submit your song to a Spotify playlist is to pitch directly to playlist curators. Here are the steps to pitch your song:
1. Research and find playlists that align with the genre and mood of your song.
2. Locate the curator’s contact information or social media profiles.
3. Craft a personalized and compelling pitch, including relevant information about your song and artist profile.
4. Send the pitch through email, social media, or any preferred method of communication.
5. Follow up with the curator after a week or two if you haven’t heard back from them yet.
Why Can’t I Get My Song Featured on Spotify Playlists?
As an artist, getting your song featured on Spotify playlists can be challenging, and it’s easy to get disheartened by multiple rejections. Here are some reasons why your song may not be getting featured and how to fix them:
1. Your song doesn’t fit the playlist’s theme: Make sure to research the playlist and submit your song if it aligns with the genre, mood, and theme.
2. Your pitch is weak: Craft a compelling pitch that grabs the curator’s attention and provides relevant information about your song.
3. Your song doesn’t have enough streamable data: Playlists curators often select songs that have a proven track record of streaming data. Make sure to promote your song on social media and other platforms to increase its popularity.
Here are a few suggestions to increase the chances of your song getting featured on Spotify playlists:
1. Collaborate with other artists: Collaborating with popular artists can increase your song’s visibility and increase the chances of it getting featured on popular playlists.
2. Promote your song: Promote your song on social media, blogs, and other online platforms to increase its streaming numbers and popularity.
3. Engage with playlist curators: Interact with playlist curators on social media, retweet their posts, and build a relationship with them to increase your chances of getting featured.
Q. How long does it take to get a response from playlist curators?
A. It varies from curator to curator, but it generally takes a few weeks or even a few months to get a response. Don’t lose hope and follow up after a few weeks.
Q. Is it necessary to submit my song to multiple playlists?
A. Yes, submitting your song to multiple playlists increases the chances of it getting featured.
Q. Can I submit the same song to different playlists simultaneously?
A. Yes, you can submit the same song to different playlists at the same time, but make sure to check each playlist’s submission guidelines.
Q. Do I need to have a large following or streaming numbers to get my song featured?
A. No, having a large following or streaming numbers is not necessary, but it can definitely increase your chances of getting featured.
Q. Can I submit an instrumental or a cover song for a playlist submission?
A. Yes, you can submit instrumental or cover songs, but they should be original and align with the playlist’s genre and theme.
Submitting your song to a Spotify playlist can give your music career a significant boost, but it’s important to follow the guidelines, research, and be patient. In this blog, we outlined three proven methods to submit your song to a Spotify playlist, explained what to pay attention to, and provided suggestions to increase the chances of selection. Remember, getting featured on popular playlists requires dedication, persistence, and a bit of luck. Keep creating music and submitting it to various playlists, and who knows, your song might be the next big hit on Spotify.