Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming services worldwide. It offers free and premium plans, but some users may want to upgrade to the Family Premium plan, which allows up to six users to use the service under one account, and it’s actually cheaper than having multiple individual premium plans. If you have a lot of family members who all love to listen to their favorite music or podcasts, this plan could be a great option for you.
The Family Premium plan is quite easy to set up, but some users may still have some questions or doubts on how to do so. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the process of upgrading to Spotify Family Premium on the app. We’ll provide some useful tips and explain some potential issues you might encounter during the process.
Before getting started, there are some things you need to have ready:
- You must have an existing Spotify Premium account.
- You must know the Spotify username and password for the account that will be used as the primary account for the Family Premium subscription.
- You need to verify that all family members who will be joining the plan live at the same address and are over 13 years old.
What Requires Your Attention?
Before upgrading to Spotify Family Premium, there are some important things that you need to consider:
- You can only invite up to five people to join your family plan.
- If someone leaves the Family Premium plan, you will not be able to invite someone else to join for 12 months. Make sure you choose your family members carefully.
- Only the account holder can change the Family Premium plan or remove members from the plan. Therefore, it’s essential to trust your family members with access to your account.
Method 1: Upgrading from the App on Android or iOS Devices
If you have an Android or iOS device, the easiest way to upgrade to Spotify Family Premium is through the Spotify app. Here is how:
1. Open the Spotify app on your device and make sure you are logged in to your account.
2. Tap on "Premium" at the bottom of the screen.
3. Scroll down to find "Get Family". Tap on it.
4. Tap "Get Started" to select the primary account for the family plan.
5. Enter the Spotify username and password of the primary account, then tap "confirm."
6. Finally, invite up to five family members to join the plan by entering their names and email addresses. Spotify will automatically send them an invitation via email.
– Easy to use without visiting the website.
– You can invite your family members directly from the app.
– You may not be able to use some of the advanced features available on the website.
Method 2: Upgrading from the Web Site
Alternatively, you can also upgrade to Spotify Family Premium from the website if you prefer that option. Here’s how:
1. Go to the Spotify website and log in to your account.
2. Click on "Premium" at the top of the page.
3. Scroll down until you see the "Get Family" button and click on it.
4. Select "Get Started" under the Family plan.
5. Input the Spotify username and password of the primary account, then click "confirm."
6. Finally, invite up to five family members by entering their names and email addresses. Spotify will send them an invitation via their email.
– You can use all of the advanced features of the website.
– Sometimes the process may be smoother on desktop than on mobile.
– It may take more time and effort to upgrade from the website than from the app.
– You have to have access to a desktop or laptop computer.
Why Can’t I Upgrade to Spotify Family Premium?
Here are some of the most common reasons why you might not be able to upgrade to Spotify Family Premium and how to fix them:
1. Your Spotify account is not a premium account. Before you can upgrade to the Family Premium plan, you need to have an existing premium account. If you only have a free account, you will need to upgrade to premium first.
2. You have previously joined or left a Family Premium plan. If you have previously joined or left a Family Premium plan, you may not be able to join again for 12 months.
3. You have already invited five family members. Spotify Family Premium only allows up to five people to join the plan. If you have already invited five people, you won’t be able to invite any more.
Implications and Recommendations
By choosing to upgrade to Spotify Family Premium, you’ll enjoy all the benefits of a premium subscription while saving money. But keep in mind that if you choose to add your family members to your account, they will have access to your payment information, so be sure to only add people you trust.
We recommend checking the members of your family plan regularly to ensure that you don’t have any strangers with access to your account. Additionally, keep in mind that Spotify’s terms and conditions only allow members of the same household to join the same Family Premium plan. If anyone in your plan moves out of the house, you’ll need to change plans accordingly.
Q: How do I know if I have a Spotify premium account?
A: If you are a premium subscriber, you will see a "Premium" tag in the Spotify app or website.
Q: Can I use Spotify Family Premium with six people if I have a guest from time to time?
A: No, you cannot. If you exceed the maximum number of members allowed under your Family Premium account, you’ll have to remove someone before adding a new person.
Q: What happens if someone on my Family Premium plan changes their address?
A: If a member of your Family Premium plan moves out of the house, they can still use their own individual premium account. However, they will not be able to remain on the family plan.
Q: Can I cancel my Spotify Family Premium plan at any time?
A: Yes, only the account holder can cancel the plan at any time.
If you enjoy listening to music, podcasts and videos with family members, an upgrade to Spotify Family Premium could save you money in the long run. We recommend considering the potential implications carefully, and taking the time to choose your family members wisely. Whether you choose to upgrade from the app or website, you’ll find the process simple and easy to follow.