Spotify is the most famous music streaming service available worldwide. It offers songs, podcasts, videos, and more from millions of artists. It has a large music library where you can browse and listen to your favorite music from any genre. However, sometimes Spotify users have faced shuffle problems; their songs start to play randomly instead of sequential order. If you want to get rid of the shuffle feature and continue to listen to your songs in the order you want, then you have come to the right place. This article will show you how to turn off shuffle on Spotify.
Before we jump into the methods, you need to have:
- A Spotify Premium account
- Access to Spotify App or Spotify Web Player
- Stable internet connection
What Requires Your Focus?
The first and foremost thing you need to focus on is your device and Spotify app. The process of turning off shuffle on Spotify is quite simple, but if you have missed any step, you cannot undo it. So you need to be attentive throughout the process. Moreover, the process is different for the app and web player. So, before proceeding with the methods, make sure to have the Spotify app or the web player opened.
Different Methods to Turn Off Shuffle
Method 1: Turning off Shuffle on Spotify App for Android/iOS
To turn off shuffle on Spotify for Android/iOS, follow these steps:
- Open the Spotify app on your Android/iOS device.
- Start playing any song.
- Once you have started playing the song, you will see the shuffle icon below the progress bar. The shuffle icon is two arrows crossed on top of each other.
- Tap the shuffle icon to turn it off.
- It is very easy to turn off shuffle.
- The process is quite simple and straightforward.
- If you accidentally tap the shuffle icon again, it will turn on shuffle, and you will have to repeat the process.
- This method only works for Android/iOS device users.
Method 2: Turning off Shuffle on Spotify App for Windows/Mac
To turn off shuffle on Spotify for Windows or Mac, follow these steps:
- Open the Spotify app on your Windows/Mac device.
- Click on the song you want to play.
- You will see the shuffle icon next to the progress bar. The shuffle icon is two arrows crossed on top of each other.
- Click on the shuffle icon to turn it off.
- Very simple and fast process.
- Spotify app on Windows/Mac has the same interface, so the process remains the same.
- You may accidentally click on the shuffle icon again and turn it on. Then you will have to repeat the process.
- This method is only for Windows/Mac users.
Method 3: Turning off Shuffle on Spotify Web Player
To turn off shuffle on Spotify Web Player, follow these steps:
- Open the Spotify Web Player on your browser.
- Log in to your account.
- Play the song you want to listen to.
- Once the song starts playing, you will see the shuffle icon in the bottom right corner of the player. The shuffle icon is two arrows crossed on top of each other.
- Click on the shuffle icon to turn it off.
- Web player users can access Spotify from any device with an internet connection.
- The process is very similar to the app. So, the users don’t need to learn any new steps.
- You may accidentally click on the shuffle icon again and turn it on. Then you will have to start all over again.
- The process may be slow if the internet connection is not stable.
Why Can’t I Turn Off Shuffle?
There are some reasons you may not be able to turn off shuffle in Spotify. Here are a few common issues and their fixes:
- You don’t have a Spotify Premium account.
- Fix: upgrade to Spotify Premium account.
- The playlist is made with shuffle enabled.
- Fix: Create a new playlist with shuffle turned off.
- You didn’t follow the methods correctly.
- Fix: Re-read the guides and follow the steps correctly.
Implications and Recommendations
Spotify continues to update its service with new features and functionality. As shuffle is a common feature on Spotify, users may have trouble disabling it. Sometimes, the shuffle feature can be useful for listening to random songs. But if you’re creating a playlist or want to listen to songs in a specific order, then disabling the shuffle is important. We recommend going through the methods stated above and trying them out until the shuffle feature is turned off.
5 FAQs about Spotify How to Turn Off Shuffle
Q: Is shuffle mode enabled on specific playlists?
A: Yes. As an individual song feature, shuffle mode can be enabled on a specific playlist. And if you think it’s turned on, you can turn it off by following the methods.
Q: What is the difference between Spotify Free and Premium accounts?
A: Spotify Free Account allows you to access all of its music streaming service, but with ads between every few songs. However, Premium Account lets you skip unlimited ad-free and high-quality music, unlimited downloads, and shuffle with the choice of listening to any song.
Q: Do I have to follow the different methods for different devices?
A: Yes, the process of disabling shuffle varies for different devices.
Q: Can I turn off shuffle in playlists with multiple users?
A: Yes, if you’re one of the playlist’s collaborators, you can turn off the shuffle mode on Spotify.
Q: Can I turn off shuffle permanently on Spotify?
A: Yes, you can turn off shuffle permanently on Spotify. All you need to do is go to the settings and turn off the shuffle feature in the options.
Turning off shuffle mode on Spotify can be easy if you follow the proper guidelines and steps. We have outlined three methods for Android/iOS, Windows/Mac, and Spotify Web Player users. The main focus should always be on concentrating on the Spotify application or web player and make sure the shuffle mode is disabled. We hope this guide helped you.