There can be various reasons why Spotify is not showing up on Discord. Here are some of the steps that you can follow to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:
1. Make sure that both Discord and Spotify are updated to their latest versions. You can check for updates in the respective app stores.
2. Check if the Discord and Spotify applications are connected. To do that, open Discord and go to User Settings > Connections and check if Spotify is listed there. If it’s not there, then click on the "Connect" button and sign in to your Spotify account.
3. If the above step doesn’t work, then try disconnecting and reconnecting your Spotify account. To do that, go to User Settings > Connections > Spotify and select "Disconnect". Then restart both Discord and Spotify, and reconnect your account.
4. Check if the music settings are enabled on Discord. To do that, open Discord and go to User Settings > Voice & Video and toggle on "Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority". Also, check if the "Display currently running game as a status message" option is enabled in Discord.
5. If none of the above steps work, then try uninstalling and reinstalling both Discord and Spotify on your device. This can help in resolving any compatibility issues that may be causing the problem.
By following the above steps, you should be able to resolve the issue of Spotify not showing up on Discord.
Video Tutorial:How do I make Spotify visible on Discord?
Why doesn t Spotify show up on Discord on my phone?
There could be several reasons why Spotify doesn’t show up on Discord on your phone. Here are some steps you can follow to troubleshoot the issue:
1. Ensure that you have linked your Spotify account with Discord. Open the Discord app on your phone and navigate to User Settings > Connections > Spotify. If you haven’t linked your account, follow the prompts to do so.
2. Check that both Discord and Spotify are up-to-date. Open the App Store or Google Play Store and search for Discord and Spotify. If updates are available, install them.
3. Make sure that you have allowed Discord to access your Spotify account. Go to your Spotify account settings and check that it is listed under "Apps."
4. Ensure that you have given Discord permission to use your phone’s microphone. Check your phone’s permissions settings and allow Discord to access the microphone.
5. Check that you have joined a voice channel in Discord. Spotify will only appear in Discord when you are in a voice channel.
6. Lastly, if these steps do not solve the issue, try logging out of both Discord and Spotify and then signing back in.
By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot the issue and get Spotify to show up on Discord on your phone.
Do you need Spotify Premium to listen along on Discord?
No, you do not need Spotify Premium to listen along on Discord. Discord allows you to connect your Spotify account to your Discord profile and stream music directly to your Discord server. However, there are some limitations on what you can stream depending on whether you have a free or premium Spotify account.
Here are the steps to link your Spotify account to Discord:
1. Open your Discord app, and click on the user settings (gear icon) located on the bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Navigate to the ‘Connections’ tab and click on ‘Spotify.’
3. You will be prompted to sign in to your Spotify account.
4. Once you have successfully signed in, you can enable the option to ‘Display Spotify as your status.’
5. Now, you can start streaming music by opening the Spotify app and playing a song. You will be able to see the song you are playing on Discord, and other users on your server can listen along with you.
Note that the quality of the music that can be streamed may be limited if you have a free Spotify account, and some songs may not be available for streaming due to licensing restrictions.
Do you need Spotify Premium to listen along?
Yes, you need Spotify Premium to use the Listen Along feature, which allows you to listen to music with friends in real-time. Spotify Premium provides you with access to additional features, including the ability to stream music without ads, download songs to listen offline, and use the app on multiple devices. To use Listen Along, follow these steps:
1. Open the Spotify app on your device.
2. Select the song you want to listen along to with your friend.
3. Tap the Connect button in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
4. Select the friend you want to listen along with from the list of available devices.
5. Start listening along with your friend in real-time.
Keep in mind that both you and your friend need to have a Spotify Premium subscription and be in the same location to use Listen Along. Additionally, you must have a stable internet connection to ensure a smooth listening experience.
How do I get Discord to show Spotify activity on my phone?
To get Discord to show Spotify activity on your phone, you can follow these steps:
1. First, make sure you have both the Discord and Spotify apps installed on your phone.
2. Open the Spotify app and start playing music.
3. Next, open the Discord app and navigate to your User Settings by tapping on your profile picture in the bottom right corner of the screen.
4. Scroll down and select "Connections."
5. Under the "Connect your accounts" section, you should see an option for Spotify.
6. Tap on the Spotify option and connect your account.
7. Once connected, you should see your Spotify account listed under "Connected Accounts."
8. To make sure your Spotify activity is shown in Discord, go to the server where you want to show your activity and tap on the three-dot menu in the top right corner of the screen.
9. Select "User Settings" from the dropdown menu and then select "Game Activity."
10. Make sure the "Display Spotify as your status" toggle is turned on.
11. Additionally, you can customize your Spotify profile picture, status message, and whether or not to show the track you’re currently listening to by tapping on the "Customize Profile" button under the "Display Spotify as your status" toggle.
Once you’ve completed these steps, your Discord friends will be able to see your Spotify activity on your profile.
Why is my Spotify wrapped not showing up?
If your Spotify Wrapped is not showing up, there are a few possible reasons for this issue:
1. Wrapped has not been released yet: Depending on the time of year and your region, Wrapped may not have been released yet. Typically, Spotify releases Wrapped in early December, but this can vary. You can check social media or Spotify’s website to confirm if Wrapped is currently available.
2. Your account does not meet the eligibility requirements: To access Wrapped, you need to have a Spotify account that has been active for at least a few months and has streamed enough music during the year. If you only recently created your account or have not listened to much music, you may not be eligible for Wrapped.
3. There is a technical issue with your account or the app: If Wrapped should be available to you but is not showing up, there may be a technical issue with your account or the app. Try logging out and back in, clearing your cache, or uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if this resolves the issue.
4. You have turned off personalized data sharing: Wrapped relies on personalized data to create your annual summary, so if you have turned off personalized data sharing in your account settings, Wrapped will not show up. Make sure personalized data sharing is turned on in your Spotify account settings.
5. Your account has been suspended or terminated: If your account has been suspended or terminated due to violating Spotify’s terms of service, you may not be able to access Wrapped. Check your email or account notifications to see if there are any messages from Spotify regarding your account status.